1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
More capacity for those who can't shoot worth a darn, or are expecting to have to take on an entire street gang.....:-D

Cheaper to just have an extra mag for what you've already got.

·
Registered
863 Posts
More capacity for those who can't shoot worth a darn, or are expecting to have to take on an entire street gang.....:-D
Spoken like a true revolver guy. Got to admit I'm coming around your way, although my self defense guns are still semis. (9mm Shield and PPQ-45)

·
Super Moderator
10,891 Posts
Smaller than the P320 SC and 7 oz lighter. It is closer to the P938 but with a striker fired trigger and more capacity. It is kind of a cross between the P239 that P290 and Sig stopped making both of them and neither were striker fired. If they had one in .40 S&W I might be interested.

·
Super Moderator
10,891 Posts
If you do a side by side with the P938 it stacks up pretty well and has greater capacity even though it is .1" more narrow.

·
Registered
11,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Smaller than the P320 SC and 7 oz lighter. It is closer to the P938 but with a striker fired trigger and more capacity. It is kind of a cross between the P239 that P290 and Sig stopped making both of them and neither were striker fired. If they had one in .40 S&W I might be interested.
I misread the article, thought it was between the 320C and 320SC, more like a Sig version of the LC9' I just might have to rethink this! :-D:-D:-D

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Spoken like a true revolver guy.....
I like the fact that I can limp wrist a revolver full of bulk quality ammo, and still have a 99.99% chance it will fire and function on every shot. I hope I shoot well enough to hit a BG torso at SD distance. Even so, I wouldn't mind having more than five bangs available.

I really think the popularity of high cap pistols comes from the modern shoot 'em up movies. The hero fires half a mag at each of the fifty bad guys after him. I wonder how he carries all those spare mags?

What would John Wayne think?....:-D.... Even in his detective movies, I don't remember him firing more than two at a time.

Just for fun, here's a list of all the guns he used:

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/John_Wayne

·
Super Moderator
4,291 Posts
Rented one today, I am impressed. I went to the range to spend some time with my Ruger sr9c. They had the 365 brand new in the rental case so I had to try it out.
I did not have my Kahr with me so couldn’t side by side them. But by look and feel it seemed very close. I laid it on the bench next to one of my sr9c magazines and was surprised to see that it was about the same width as that magazine.
The magazine holds 10 rounds and the one they gave me had the pinky extension. It gave me a good three finger grip. The flat plate version would have given me the exact same two finger grip that I get with my Kahr.
The grip itself is well textured and felt secure in hand. The trigger was excellent. Much shorter pull than the Kahr. A very crisp break and reset is quick and sharp. You can feel it distinctly.
It took me a couple of magazines to get my hold adjusted to the gun. After that every round went exactly where I wanted it.
I really like this gun and may be taking the Kahr in to see what we can work out on a trade.

·
Super Moderator
10,891 Posts
RS:

Some issues have arisen with it returning to battery and Sig it actually doing a rework. It isn't a recall just a modification to current production methods and they stopped shipping it. Sig is pretty tight lipped about it. I have also seen issues reported by multiple users of peening on the rear of the BBL near the chamber. I also hear a bunch went out with dead nightsights and they have actually upgraded the sights they are now using. Oh the joys of a new model. It was enough to shy me away from it for now.

·
Super Moderator
4,291 Posts
Those were some quick issues popping for the gun. No doubt Sig will get it straightened out. With anything new I give the product a waiting period to see what bugs might pop up. I rarely buy the first generation of anything.
Took me till the iPhone 6 came out before getting one. :)

I figure I can save some money up and by the time I decide to trade the Kahr in the bugs will be worked out. And by then I bet Glock will have a competitor for the market.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
I never buy a firearm that's new to the market, because it seems that recalls happen more often than not.

I prefer to just sit back a bit and let it sort out so I don't have to deal with manufacturing defects from the get go.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
My current guns hit the market in 1958, 1964, and 1981. I think I'm pretty safe against recalls, although they have had some design changes over the years. Nice to have tried and true classics.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts