Gunner Forum banner
2361 - 2380 of 2424 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Not in NH. The only off limits is the courthouses.
And the Post Office?
I never understood that one. After all, the term is "going postal". Seems like a good place to carry.
It depends on the establishment, if its main income is derived from food but also sells alcohol you're fine.
That's how it is here too. They have to post a 51% sign at the door if over half of their income is from liquor.
I think a lot of places stay under 50% only because people use credit cards for food, but the cash paid for alcohol doesn't always make it to the books.

·
Administrator
10,964 Posts
Post Office is Federal so it is off limits like it is everywhere but not under NH law. It would be a federal offense. I don't see the FBI standing around when I go downtown here to check my PO Box. Back home I have a mailbox so rarely go to the post office.

In NH any signage is meaningless unless you are asked to leave. If you refuse you are trespassing. Now I am not advocating going to a bar and pounding them down while carrying but I can only recall one shooting when bar patrons got in a fight outside a bar and a shooting occurred, doesn't mean there weren't others.

I don't drink at all so I carry all the time but what is annoying is when some states say the bar area is off limits but the food area is ok. Well duh, where do they put the bathrooms in those places. Stupid law. I can abide with the 51% stuff because I don't go to bars.

·
Registered
11,167 Posts
Our state just added Day Care facilities yesterday, sure to be sighed soon!

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Well I cleaned guns yesterday....for 3 hours, so many nooks & crannies when you're really looking, but I didn't find Jimmy Hoffa. :roll:

It seems like rifles have more places for carbon to hide than handguns. Grrrr rr r

·
Registered
11,167 Posts
Well I cleaned guns yesterday....for 3 hours, so many nooks & crannies when you're really looking, but I didn't find Jimmy Hoffa. :roll:

It seems like rifles have more places for carbon to hide than handguns. Grrrr rr r
Aah, but it keeps you off the streets and out of trouble! :lol::lol:

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
That's a relief.... I thought sure he might be in my Occasionally Better Half's closet.....:roll:

I don't think anything keeps SNG out of trouble.....:-D

·
Administrator
10,964 Posts
Speaking of Hoffa anyone watch the movie "The Irishman"? Not a bad watch.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
I have the movie The Flying Irishman. It's about Douglas Corrigan, who flew his Curtiss Robin across the Atlantic from New York to Dublin without the proper permission, in 1938. He told the government he had misread his compass, and thought he was going to California.....He was known forever after as "Wrong Way Corrigan". He played himself in the movie, and did a pretty good job.

Good example of ignoring big government regulation. He had no financial help, and flew by himself. Why should he need permission?

2361 - 2380 of 2424 Posts