Gunner Forum banner
2381 - 2400 of 2434 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,323 Posts
Good to hear from the mysterious Grl. Hope all is well with you and the even more mysterious guy who is blessed to spend his life in your service.
I raise a glass of really good stout in place of wine to you and the lucky gentleman.

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
Good to hear from the mysterious Grl. Hope all is well with you and the even more mysterious guy who is blessed to spend his life in your service.
I raise a glass of really good stout in place of wine to you and the lucky gentleman.
+1 A little JD Honey or BSB for me though.Nothing like a good campfire!

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
One year at Elk Camp my son brought his best friend and while standing around the campfire, yes we could all stand, my son talked the friend into trying one of our Brandy Manhattans. Two sips and a couple of expletives and he threw it into the fire. The explosion caused a large blue flame about 8 feet high and a few more expletives. Needless to say, we all jumped back with much laughter and he returned to his Rum & Coke. It must
have been a good year that year, mom was still with us and we had two garbage bags of bottles oh, and sever empty chocolate doughnut boxes! :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Thank you! He hasn't been in the dog house lately so life is good. :-D

+1 A little JD Honey or BSB for me though.Nothing like a good campfire!
Talk about alcohol and campfires reminds me of hollowing back at the local coyotes.
Makes for a great evening with friends.:grin:
One year at Elk Camp my son brought his best friend and while standing around the campfire, yes we could all stand, my son talked the friend into trying one of our Brandy Manhattans. Two sips and a couple of expletives and he threw it into the fire. The explosion caused a large blue flame about 8 feet high and a few more expletives. Needless to say, we all jumped back with much laughter and he returned to his Rum & Coke. It must
have been a good year that year, mom was still with us and we had two garbage bags of bottles oh, and sever empty chocolate doughnut boxes! :lol::lol::lol:
Bwahahahahahahahaha Luv campfire stories.....except the ones that end up in a burn unit......and that's alllll I'm say'n. :cool:

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Here's another. True story.
We were standing around a fire, a rather large and hot one on a cold winters night. One guy had some 22 Mag bullets in his pocket. He is one of these guys who always acts tough and macho. One of the bullets exploded from the heat. We all heard it, and we all saw him jumpin' up and down, screaming like a little girl. He wasn't hurt....except for his pride. It made for a good laugh.

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
Here's another. True story.
We were standing around a fire, a rather large and hot one on a cold winters night. One guy had some 22 Mag bullets in his pocket. He is one of these guys who always acts tough and macho. One of the bullets exploded from the heat. We all heard it, and we all saw him jumpin' up and down, screaming like a little girl. He wasn't hurt....except for his pride. It made for a good laugh.
If he saw the holes exploding 22s put in ammo cans he would probably rethink that! I know I was surprised!

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
Thank you! He hasn't been in the dog house lately so life is good. :-D

Bwahahahahahahahaha Luv campfire stories.....except the ones that end up in a burn unit......and that's alllll I'm say'n. :cool:
Having big roots around a fire is not a good thing! My Mom tried to walk between fire and family, no booze involved, and tripped. Thankfully she did not try to break her fall and just rolled through it and was not burned! Kide though, always wanted to touch hot rocks for some reason so the wife and I took Advanced First Aid & Emergency Rescue early on, was the best 40 hours ever spent!

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
......the ones that end up in a burn unit.....
"Burn unit"......how many people use that in everyday conversation?

Yet another hint, though small, that you may have some sort of medical background......then

.."ITS COCKTAIL HOUR(S)" :D
pops up and ruins the whole hypothesis......picturing you in the OR, with a scalpel in one hand and a margarita in the other.....:eek:

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
"Burn unit"......how many people use that in everyday conversation?

Yet another hint, though small, that you may have some sort of medical background......then

pops up and ruins the whole hypothesis......picturing you in the OR, with a scalpel in one hand and a margarita in the other.....:eek:
Now I'm thirsty!

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Today, frozen anykind drink would work :twisted:
We only got up to 60° today, and that wasn't till evening. Not enough rain to wet the gauge.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
We only got up to 60° today, and that wasn't till evening. Not enough rain to wet the gauge.
I think the Devil is at work in more ways than the heat. :evil:

Has the United States completely lost our collective minds? #Gone straight to Hell (if I'm even allowed to say straight anymore.....What a bunch of B^:ls%!t I assume you all know what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Does she think Utah couldn't pay the bill ? Ot maybe she's prejudiced against Mormons? I understand about 80% of Utahans are Mormon, so I'll assume their Guard is similar.

So, maybe they should go for field gear and pitch their tents around Bowser's house.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Does she think Utah couldn't pay the bill ? Ot maybe she's prejudiced against Mormons? I understand about 80% of Utahans are Mormon, so I'll assume their Guard is similar.

So, maybe they should go for field gear and pitch their tents around Bowser's house.
She'd have cement barricades brought in because the Guard might piss in her landscaping. (I was going to say bush, but decided not to) :-D

2381 - 2400 of 2434 Posts