Gunner Forum banner
2401 - 2420 of 2424 Posts

·
Registered
11,167 Posts
Strange world! I was called racist by my cousin because I said I viewed my friends, neighbors and co-workers as Americans, not Black- Americans or Asian-Americans! One relative did admit she was fine until, at 21 she wast "taught" she was racist in college. I did mention, I was taught in college "how" to think, not "what" to think!

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Strange world! I was called racist by my cousin because I said I viewed my friends, neighbors and co-workers as Americans, not Black- Americans or Asian-Americans! One relative did admit she was fine until, at 21 she wast "taught" she was racist in college. I did mention, I was taught in college "how" to think, not "what" to think!
Americas children are brainwashed from the minute they walk through the doors of their local elementary schools and it continues until they receive their college degrees. Furthermore, in college they have to speak and write in accordance to their professors political beliefs or suffer the consequences.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
They're not public schools; they're indoctrination centers. I was lucky finishing school before that. In high school, it was hard to distinguish teachers from students.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
I'm trying to think of something witty to say, but evidently having a blonde moment......:roll: Maybe some ice cream will energize me :) ......with sprinkles.

Lets make it a banana split.... there was one banana left this morning...if Sightnguy ate it.......

·
Registered
11,167 Posts

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
Whatever happened to the blue frosting ?

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Is nothing sacred anymore.....

I opened a box of one of my top two favorite candies today, only to find that they have been downsized and are not uniformly sized. Some are larger than others, but still smaller than normal. :|

Not only that, but due to their smallness they lack the light and airy goodness on the inside now.

What is this magical candy you ask? Whoppers of course!

Moral of this story.... size matters :-D

·
Administrator
10,964 Posts
At the Coop in Tallahassee where we used to shop frequently pre-covid they had chocolate covered malted milk balls in bulk that were a good inch and a half in diameter. I used to get the all the bulk items and of course would sample the candy to see if I wanted any. Took me about 3 tries each trip to decide I didn't need any. We used to spend an easy couple hundred there with each trip so didn't feel any remorse for my sampling.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
At the Coop in Tallahassee where we used to shop frequently pre-covid they had chocolate covered malted milk balls in bulk that were a good inch and a half in diameter. I used to get the all the bulk items and of course would sample the candy to see if I wanted any. Took me about 3 tries each trip to decide I didn't need any. We used to spend an easy couple hundred there with each trip so didn't feel any remorse for my sampling.
Pure Heaven :)

and then there is Sea Foam :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Ok ......here is my story & I’m sticking to it.....

As you all know I have momentary lapses of naughty that evidently placed me on Santa’s “Sng doesn’t get any frosting “ list.....

Soooo when I found out I wouldn’t be receiving my customary frostingIn my stocking, I had to devise a plan to get back on Santa’s “good” list.

After many hours of community service, Christmas was quickly upon us. Low and behold on Christmas Day, I found a small but tasty tube of frosting In my stocking. :-D

So that is the reason I haven’t been posting. :roll: :-D

·
Registered
11,167 Posts
Wellll, that was a good story. :lol::lol::lol: Welcome back!

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
"Lapses of naughty" ? ........:"hours of community service" ......? .... What did you do, misdemeanor or felony ?.........I'll trust it was just innocent (yeah, right) misbehavior.....:-D

....."small but tasty tube of frosting" ..... ? .... Sounds like you didn't do quite enough making up yet.......:roll:

Anywho, welcome back !!! And don't make it so long next time !!!

Now you just have to respond to all 7 weeks of posts you missed....:eek:

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Well here I am 😁 I'm sorry that I haven't been here for a bit. I kept meaning to log in and bs, but it seems like days turn to weeks and now its July. I hope everyone is well and enjoying shooting when they can find the time and ammo. These are strange times to say the least, politics and all that involves. However, I think we need to find peace and joy as much as we can to counter the unpleasantness that has transpired in our beautiful country over the last year and a half. I promise to come back and read the threads and stay involved as much as I'm able. Missed ya'll.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Good to hear from you Sng. Don't be a stranger.

Reactions: Sightngrl

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
Ditto. You were missed ......:cool:

·
Super Moderator
4,295 Posts
Well here I am 😁 I'm sorry that I haven't been here for a bit. I kept meaning to log in and bs, but it seems like days turn to weeks and now its July. I hope everyone is well and enjoying shooting when they can find the time and ammo. These are strange times to say the least, politics and all that involves. However, I think we need to find peace and joy as much as we can to counter the unpleasantness that has transpired in our beautiful country over the last year and a half. I promise to come back and read the threads and stay involved as much as I'm able. Missed ya'll.
Welcome back, the place is more fun when you are around.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
We hope your life is fun now, and whatever kept you away is all good, done, and over with.

2401 - 2420 of 2424 Posts