Gunner Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where're you at, man???? Been shootin' every weekend??? Miss your posts.....

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
think he said he's off to another cowboy match this weekend...........

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
I am back men, what a weekend. theyu have what is called a Texas star no easy thing to shoot. Once ya knock one plate off it starts moving. Wow man oh man knocked all five off with one shot and gott'en all with one shot both days 5 plates 5 shots wow am I on cloud 9 or what lol.
Traded off my 967 Winchester gotr a 9 gun gun cabinet lots of stoarge block the cabinet. Got it moved in I am whopped pup I am going to sleep good tonite.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
glad you're back snuffy.................

and them shootin' stars are a challenge for sure..................

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Yep they are those with the 38's had to hit them twice with a 45 once does the job.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, Snuffy, we missed youZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Thanks sheepdog, thats why I posted I was going to be out of the loop for a few days. Glad I was missed even glader it was you who missed me.
I am a new shooter, and its going to take me some time to learn what works and doesn't work for me. Then its fine tune, I have alot of support at the matchs and here so how can I go wrong I have ya'll on my side. Of course God keeps watching out for me.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Sounds like you done real good Snuffy! Congrats! Good to have ya back. :D

By the way, Drummer has posted about looking for some stuff in the classified section that you may be able to help him with. :)

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Thanks ya'll. Yes Sir I drop over there and see what he is looking for.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Snuffy, next time you go to one of them thar shootin matches , why don't you have someone
take some "picher's" of you in action. We would love to share them with you.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Sounds like you did good, Snuffy. We're proud of you.....I had a steel plate match last Sunday....that was probably the worst I have shot in my life.....could not hit anything.....some days I shoot really good, then some days my shooting just sucks..... :?

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Well hard to do that as everyone is working either getting ready to shoot or counting or watching the unloading table. I do have a friend that wants to go but it will be some time before I can get the time off to go to the club that is closest to their home. But as soon as I do I'll be glad to post them.
Wizard, I know the feeling, when I first started in Jan. I was the worsed there has ever been. Not only was I slow but couldn't hit anything at all. Then things just sorta fell in place, but I have seen top shooters fall threw their butts. It happens to us all. One thing I don't ever to happen is to get a DQ on a stage or really don't want a match DQ. I have seen it happen and sure felt sorry for them too. Know it really hurt their pride to have that happen to them.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
How would a person go about getting a DQ? I'm not familiar with the rules.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
You can get a DQ for several things...all related to unsafe gun handling...

1. Breaking the 170 degree rule (in other words, keep the gun pointed down range...stage dq)...
2. Having a loaded weapon while not at the firing line (match dq)...
3. Accidental discharge (match dq)...
4. Shooting over the top of the berm (if there is one....stage dq)....

You get the idea.....I don't shoot CAS...those people (at our club) take it way to seriously...three guys even carry SASS rule books on their carts. Our club has two disciplins we call Dirty Harry and Urban Cowboy. No dress requirements.....both are shot on the cowboy range, and follow SASS rules.

Dirty Harry is shot with centerfire revolver and three speedloaders or moon clips. We have two classes...one for speedloads and open sights....one for optics and/or moon clips.

Urban Cowboy is shot with a .22 semi-auto and three 10 rnd mags.

Only bullets allowed are lead......the people shooting these disciplins are just fine people....don't care if they win or lose, just want to go out and have friendly competition.

In the Urban Cowboy, I've shot 3 matches...took 4th, 1st, and well, the other wasn't worth mentioning..... :lol:
In the Dirty Harry, I'm still working at it..... :lol:

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't do competition shooting other than with who I'm shooting targets with...I'm about as fast as a rattlesnake on a cold morning....you guys who do amaze me...I've been called a lot of things but fast ain't one of 'em.....

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Sheepdog, when I shot IPSC in the '90s, I learned real quick, you can be fast, but accuracy is what counts....get the accuracy, then, work on the speed. Back then, I would stand in front of a mirror with my rig on, snapcap in the chamber, then draw and drop the hammer on the snapcap, at least 200 times per night....I also had a range in the back of our field, and was shooting between 500 and 1000 9mm/week.....your speed will get good. At my best, I could draw my Sig and put 6 rounds in the A/B zone at 7 yds. in just over 2 seconds.....wish I could more that fast now.....

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had a Sgt. in Records...kinda disdained him 'cause he wasn't a "real" cop...worked in the Records and a few store security jobs...kinda a "pretty boy"...never got any on him....one day I saw him at the range draw and empty a M15 into the bullseye so fast I couldn't even drop my jaw....kinda hard to look down on him after that....live and learn.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts