Gunner Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girl came home with a cheapo $100 Wally World grill tonight. She was excited, because our old one is junked out and when you light it you get a fire big enough to heat Brazil. So upon opening the little instruction booklet we see that assembly time is under an hour. Woo Hoo! Gonna have BBQ tonight! Well I guess that in order to put it together in under an hour you need to be bionic and have ESP or something. The instructions neglected to mention this of course. So without bionic parts and ESP, or something, it actually takes over 2 hours. It causes high blood pressure and extreme profanity as well. You'd think that there would be some type of warning, but no. So now I'm off to find my first aid kit and then apologize to all my neighbors.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
There is something to be said for grilling on charcoal.....I have a smoker/grill that was made from a 120 gl. propane tank. I can grill 50 lbs of chicken at the time....I really like my cooker....will try to get a pic tomorrow.....btw: we really like bbq in this neck of the woods..... :twisted:

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
goodness, they sure do take the bar-b-que serious down here. So many folks have their own barbque trailer set-ups to haul their pit around on a trailer hitch. Some of them single axle, some tandum axle and in all various sizes to boot. They love making aounds to all the little various cook-offs. They take it as serious as some reloader set-ups i've seen. :D

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
BH
Any man knows that with a big enough hammer and sufficient profanity NOTHING is impossible. So, what did ya cook tonight?

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A little chicken and some steak. I like quick and easy. And throwing something on the grill is quick and easy. :)

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like let's eat much better than putting stuff together. :D

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
See, now BH...ya just gotta be patient.....I keep my fire so that it takes about 4 1/2 hrs to cook boston butt, ribs and chicken....if ya like sauce, at least 3 bastings....if you want it right, ya gotta take it slow....Steaks are a different story....hot fire, and about 3 min. on each side..... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
739 Posts
When I grill steaks and my wife asks me how they are doin, I usually say, “Yours is burned beyond recognition and mine will be ready in about 7 minutes.” LMAO

I grill all year long. I always make a point of grilling on New Years Day. I usually smoke a turkey on Thanksgiving but didn’t get to last year.
I thawed the thing out in the refrigerator and when I took it out of the plastic bag about 5AM Thanksgiving morning, It was kinda gray and brown looking!
I’ve been known to grill wearing insulated coveralls or a rain coat plenty of times.
We have a stainless steel grill and a 6’ stainless steel table next to it. We have a Brinkman smoker too.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
After reading that, we really could use a drooling emoticon off to the side. LOL :lol: That sounds great though Shawn, I'll bring the beer. :mrgreen:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts