Gunner Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's good to see you folks again! I recognize a lot of names in this area. :D

For those that don't know me, my names John, and I'm a GUN NUT DEMOCRAT. (Go ahead and laugh) :eek:

I would have been here sooner, but I just got back from turkey hunting in South Carolina, and have been getting things in order around the house as I’m having wrist surgery on Tuesday. But that should give me some free time, to make myself at home here, although, I’ll have to type one-handed.

Anyways, it’s good to see the names of some very fine people out there, and I look forward to talking with those that I haven’t met yet!

-John

·
Registered
419 Posts
Welcome John. Good to have you here. Nobody's had anyone to disagree with so far. :D

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Well, this is a happy day. Big welcome John!!

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Glad to see you've made it John. :D

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
It's about time you got here!!! How was turkey hunting? Carpal tunnel? I'll be praying for your surgery to go well and recovery soon....right or left hand? Doesn't your insurance pay for a slick-legged blonde secretary to do your posting till you heal????

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The hunting left a little to be desired. The weather turned cold (50-60) while we were down there, and the turkeys shut right up. I had a chance at a nice gobbler opening morning, but an ill placed tree saved that boy's life, and I never got a shot off. Of course this being a hunting trip, when the guys at camp found out, I was called turkey boy for the rest of the week.

The company was however first rate. We have good family friends down there, and stayed in there hunting while we were there. The food was awesome. I have never had fat back or polk salad, but I can't wait to have it again. These folks don't go to restaurants, and if they can grow it, or raise it, it will come off their land. I have never eaten so much homemade sausage, corn bread, buttermilk biscuits, and peach and fig preserves in my life.

Mylin who was the oldest at camp (87 years young) even MOONED me :? . Trust me, you don't want to see an 87 year old bare naked, bent over, and slapping his back side. When his brother (82) opened the door of the cabin to find out what all the yelling was about and I told him about the mooning, the only thing he said was "Yeah, he'll do that." and then he shut the door and walked away.

As far as the surgery, yep, it's carpal tunnel, I'm having the right wrist done first. I go in sometime Tuesday, and will be off work till the following Monday. As far as insurance, this one is worker's comp, and I don't think I can get work to spring for a typist. :D

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
The trip sounds like ti was fun. :D

We'll read real slow while you can only type with one hand. :p :lol:

Seriously hope goes well for ya. :cool:

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Dammit! Now I have to find ANOTHER list!!! :D :D

Good to see you, brother.

(EddieF)

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
WOW you mean to tell me theres people out there that can type with both hands????

Welcome John glad you joined the gang.......oops its not a gang its a club! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Well being 100% Pro Union, I'd have to say I am a Democrat too. (Although I did vote for Nixon twice! LMAO) That was my favorite bumper sticker... "Vote For Nixon in 72, Why Change Dicks in the Middle of a Screw"

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Drummer said:
Well being 100% Pro Union, I'd have to say I am a Democrat too. (Although I did vote for Nixon twice! LMAO) That was my favorite bumper sticker... "Vote For Nixon in 72, Why Change Dicks in the Middle of a Screw"
LMAO! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Glad you are here. That ought to liven up the debate. Hope you are able to recover quickly after your surgery. That is definitely going to put a cramp in your shooting for a while.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Glad to see you here, John.....about time you showed up.....btw: (not trying to be critical or anything), but it's called POKE SALAD.....(or POKE SALIT)..... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wizard said:
Glad to see you here, John.....about time you showed up.....btw: (not trying to be critical or anything), but it's called POKE SALAD.....(or POKE SALIT)..... :mrgreen:
See, you learn something new every day!

Thanks for the clarification. It sure was tasty, and it cleans you out too.

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Johngoboom said:
It sure was tasty, and it cleans you out too.
Gettin' a little personal there John.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts