Gunner Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
11,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More out of curiosity than anything but has Ruger fixed the issues with the SR-9? It made a big splash when they first came out with it and then went to the bottom like a striker fired rock when they recalled them? Hadn't heard much lately.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
it appears to be a love/hate thing.............folks either love the change or absolutely hate it.....

dang little middle ground.........

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Eddie had his done. If he stops playing with the dang dog for a minute maybe he can give us his thoughts. I think he already did once. :?

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Cwap is cwap...he's spending his time wisely...Ruger's new wonderflops aren't worth foolin' with...and they're discontinuing the finest pistols they ever made in the name of NEW....

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Why buy an SR9 from someone who blew it when you could get a Glock, Sig, Smith, Springfield, Taurus and so on from people who have been at it for years.

It's like if some new company started making half-ton trucks with the idea of replacing the F-150.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Bountyhunter said:
Eddie had his done. If he stops playing with the dang dog for a minute maybe he can give us his thoughts. I think he already did once. :?
I was doing a google search for 'dog' when this thread popped up. ;)

I love my SR9, I really do. In fact, I really like this new green one. But I just found out about the LCP recall, so now might not be a good time to give a glowing endorsement for Ruger semi-autos.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
The LCP is more of an upgrade than anything. I think the SR9 was too. There were no accidents involving them. Someone figured out if you put a round in the chamber and slammed it into the floor at 42.3 mph it might go off. :roll:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Guns & Ammo TV just did a segment on how great it is. Of course they heavily sponser G&A TV. It's all Corporate Nazi propaganda to get in your wallet.

Who needs that tupperware POS, when you can have a 1911 anyway?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Well I'm not going to put it up against the 1911, but it does hold 17+1, which is nice.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Cast&Blast said:
Well I'm not going to put it up against the 1911, but it does hold 17+1, which is nice.
Yes & with a bullet that small you'll need every one of them! ;)

Don't get me wrong. I think plastic 9mm pistols are great! My Mom carries one every day! :p

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Deadeye said:
Cast&Blast said:
Yes & with a bullet that small you'll need every one of them! ;)

Don't get me wrong. I think plastic 9mm pistols are great! My Mom carries one every day! :p
Ouch! :x

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Eddie, I don't think Deadeye likes your gun. :?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Natalie said:
Eddie, I don't think Deadeye likes your gun. :?
Yeah, it seems there's a stigma about the plastic part.

What if I said the pistol was constructed with a space-aged polymer?? ;)

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
sheepdog said:
...I'd still say they picked it before it was ripe...
I can't really argue with that. But I do want to say that when I took that defensive handgun course, the gun performed flawlessly through an entire day of moving and shooting, I think it was like 400 rounds or something. And the instructors all wanted to try it after the class, they were skeptical too. But they all were really impressed by it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.