5,178 Posts
What's the best bore cleaner for broth? ... :D

Reactions: KimberLover

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
That scope is a long eye relief one.
I had to really dig to find the scope mounts.
Ended up with extra ones until I learned what was needed. :(

·
Registered
72 Posts
Most people are not aware of Ruger offering an extension rear ring for the Number One. I move my scopes back using this extension ring. This ring widens one's choice of scopes. The medium rings works great with my Leupold's. The largest being 43mm. Number One's rule!

This picture is of my #1B in 257 Roberts. The Scope is a refurbished 1980's vintage Leupold 3-9. Note how the rear extension ring works. The scope is drawn up against the objective bell of the scope. This is as far back as that scope will go. Check out the Ruger website for available rings. There's one or two pages of different rings.

Air gun Trigger Wood Line Gun barrel

·
Registered
72 Posts
How accurate is the 257 Bob?
This post is a long answer to a simple question. I'd say very accurate. Accuracy depends on the bullet-a no brainer flunked on my part. I had grabbed up some "go to" rounds from other Roberts rifle. It was terrible. This event happened after I first got the rifle. Cutting to the chase the throat is long. This long throat was no accident

.The gun was made for the 3" loads. It was not possible to use 75gr, or 87 grain bullets. I did get accuracy from 87gr. bullets seated barely in the case-won't work.

Basically a MOA rifle with some very small groups using 100 through 115gr. bullets. My most recent loads have been with Varget and 4350. Excellent consistent accuracy. The rifle has not been modified.. This Number One B is not a dual purpose gun. Larger game only. Ned Roberts designed the round as a varmint and larger game round for eastern hunting-dual purpose.

·
Administrator
11,891 Posts
Have an A-Bolt in that caliber that my wife carried when she hunted. Never really worked up a load for it and accuracy with factory was so, so. Haven't tried Varget in it so maybe I'll give it a try once I recoop from surgery to the off shoulder in May.

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
Reactions: KimberLover

·
Registered
72 Posts
This looks to be the ring. The only extended ring on Rugers site. Blued and stainless, this link is the blued. Only comes in medium height, one inch scope tube. Up to 42mm objective.
Check out the number of the rings your found with 90276. Go figure where the rear extension ring comes from.

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
The part numbers are on the two listings I gave links for. 90276 for the extended ring, 90270 for the standard. These are the Ruger rings you posted about. You can order them on the website.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The part numbers are on the two listings I gave links for. 90276 for the extended ring, 90270 for the standard. These are the Ruger rings you posted about. You can order them on the website.
The 90276 is one extended medium ring. Wonder what the number is for the front extended ring? Since Ruger's come with medium rings wonder why the extended ring comes one to a package?

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
Look on the website, Ruger doesn't offer a front extended ring. Can you turn a rear ring around, so it would extend to the front? Maybe the thumbscrew is reversable. I've never had Ruger rings.
Maybe someone else here would know more, or you could ask Ruger.

All of their rings are one to a package, except a picatinny style that's sold as a pair.

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
So, my whole 10/22 scope set-up cost the same as one Ruger ring without shipping! Granted, it was a couple of years ago.
Has a Simmons scope in medium Weaver-style Simmons rings (scope came with rimfire rings). Rings were $12 and work fine. Finish matches the scope, which was all of $30. Simmons had a coupon and store had a sale. Works for me!
I hope the photos do okay. I copied and pasted out of my Pictures file.
Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun accessory Recreation

Air gun Automotive exterior Bumper Bicycle part Wood

1 - 20 of 47 Posts