Reactions: KimberLover

·
Registered
5,249 Posts

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
The part numbers are on the two listings I gave links for. 90276 for the extended ring, 90270 for the standard. These are the Ruger rings you posted about. You can order them on the website.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Look on the website, Ruger doesn't offer a front extended ring. Can you turn a rear ring around, so it would extend to the front? Maybe the thumbscrew is reversable. I've never had Ruger rings.
Maybe someone else here would know more, or you could ask Ruger.

All of their rings are one to a package, except a picatinny style that's sold as a pair.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
So, my whole 10/22 scope set-up cost the same as one Ruger ring without shipping! Granted, it was a couple of years ago.
Has a Simmons scope in medium Weaver-style Simmons rings (scope came with rimfire rings). Rings were $12 and work fine. Finish matches the scope, which was all of $30. Simmons had a coupon and store had a sale. Works for me!
I hope the photos do okay. I copied and pasted out of my Pictures file.
Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun accessory Recreation

Air gun Automotive exterior Bumper Bicycle part Wood

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
If you read the description for the extended ring, it says "for rearward positioning of the scope".

I suppose a person could use two extended rings for whatever reason, or just one at the front. Some people are very particular where the rings are in relation to the turrets and bells.
In my 10/22 photos posted above, see the turrets are forward of center, scope has 4-inch eye relief.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
That would center the turrets and support the scope better. Get the wife to help you. Hold the rifle exactly how you would to fire, with a correct scope picture. She can look and tell you how much gap you have.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Don't feel "old" about doing what makes you safer. If it's slick outside I just don't go out. One thing I really like about being retired.
I have two steps from my front stoop to sidewalk. I had railings made for that. The only big steps are from kitchen to basement. They aren't very steep, have a fat railing, and I added rubber treads. I've been cleaning out the basement, and watching the weight I haul up each trip. One hand free for the railing. There's some heavy things that will stay down there.
I live alone, so if I'm doing something with any risk, I have my phone in my pocket.

I lived in the Panhandle for a few years and winters were nice, but I was in my twenties. Summer was bad enough at that age.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
With this crazy weather, it just might be white when you get there.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Is that a building? I'd hate to have their electric bill.........o_O :coffee: :coffee:

Why do they bother to give the details? The forecast should just say, "BAD. Don't even think about it".

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Whatever they use for power and heat, I'd want at least triple redundancy.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
If you search "wind turbine fire" lots of them are
Cloud Sky Windmill Atmosphere Ecoregion

1 - 13 of 13 Posts