Gunner Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
That's what I found. There is a number for an extension ring. That. is no front or rear. I really think the reason for one extension ring is that Number One's come with a medium ring-I think. All mine came used.

When I called Ruger the lady was trying to be helpful passing along what she had heard. . It is not a good idea to tell the world about this arrangement without some conformation. Looks like the evidence is building up that there is only one extended ring. The extended rings are for 77/22 and the Number One.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
If you read the description for the extended ring, it says "for rearward positioning of the scope".

I suppose a person could use two extended rings for whatever reason, or just one at the front. Some people are very particular where the rings are in relation to the turrets and bells.
In my 10/22 photos posted above, see the turrets are forward of center, scope has 4-inch eye relief.

Reactions: KimberLover

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hope those extension rings work out for those who have been searching. Having that extra distance helps making a choice based on all the best features of a scope. Otherwise, the eye relief becomes what makes a scope attractive.

Added: One old timer on the topic of scopes allowed,"what ever cranks your tractor."

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I looked for the mount, then I went back to take a look at the mounts I have.
The scope has long eye relief, and it appears that there is room to move the scope back. So. I will wait until I reposition it before considering buying the new mounts.
I added a picture.
Air gun Bicycle part Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

·
Administrator
11,897 Posts
That is a nice looking rifle. The scope sits up there pretty good how is it when you shoulder the rifle with your eyes closed and then look?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Yes, they are Ruger rings.
I ordered three sets for the scope after I got the #1.
I was hesitant to use the shorter ones due to extracting the shells.
I looked for them last night but could not find the other mounts.
Best I remember I sold them to a dealer at the gun show.
I often wish I had got a set of removable mounts as I prefer to take the scope off for storage.
Oh well, it is what it is.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I got some time to move the scope to the rear.
I slid it back 1".
Hindsight: Will it black my eye when it fires?
I have got to revisit the move and see just how close to my eye it is.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
That would center the turrets and support the scope better. Get the wife to help you. Hold the rifle exactly how you would to fire, with a correct scope picture. She can look and tell you how much gap you have.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
@Terry_P: I moved it back one inch.
Haven't had the weather to go shooting outside yet.
Soon, I hope.
I fell during the ice storm. Really did a number on my hips.
Just getting over it.

·
Administrator
11,897 Posts
Hey you got to get out of that ice stuff for the winter. Give us a range report when you get a chance to shoot it and glad you are healing.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
After Thanksgiving 2021 my health has taken a turn for the worst.
Kidney stone, then back surgery, they lasered the stone.
Then Janurary I fell on the ice. Dislodged another stone.
Just this week they got the stone and I am getting over that fiasco.
I'll hopefully get some range time shortly.
My shooting buddy fell down the basement stairs and messed up a femor.
He is the one that holds membership to the outdoor PHA range.
So, we both have to recuperate.
Add to the problems the NC weather is scorching and the range is in a deep valley.
No air stirring to cool off.

·
Administrator
11,897 Posts
Just keep getting up everyday. We get out of the snow and ice just to avoid the potential for falls and to get our exercise out of the bitter cold. Maybe you should look into a couple months rental to get out of the winter. We are on the Panhandle and the weather isn't perfect but we don't get ice and snow.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Don't feel "old" about doing what makes you safer. If it's slick outside I just don't go out. One thing I really like about being retired.
I have two steps from my front stoop to sidewalk. I had railings made for that. The only big steps are from kitchen to basement. They aren't very steep, have a fat railing, and I added rubber treads. I've been cleaning out the basement, and watching the weight I haul up each trip. One hand free for the railing. There's some heavy things that will stay down there.
I live alone, so if I'm doing something with any risk, I have my phone in my pocket.

I lived in the Panhandle for a few years and winters were nice, but I was in my twenties. Summer was bad enough at that age.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts