Gunner Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following is in the news here in Fl. People need to read history and find out that what they don't like just isn't necessarily the truth.....This flag was never a symbol of hatred.....

Confederate memorial near Tampa creating waves

The Associated Press

Published: Tuesday, June 3, 2008 at 10:15 a.m.
Last Modified: Tuesday, June 3, 2008 at 10:15 a.m.

TAMPA, Fla. – Some people aren't happy about plans to fly a huge Confederate battle flag at the crossroads of two major highways near Tampa.

A group called Sons of Confederate Veterans started this week preparing a privately owned site near the crossroads of Interstate 75 and Interstate 4 for a Confederate memorial. It will include a 30-by-50-foot Confederate flag flying on a 139-foot pole.

The group says the flag is a source of pride for descendants of Confederate soldiers. Others, like the Florida NAACP, say it's a symbol of racial hatred and don't like it.

The site is scheduled to be dedicated next April, but the group says the flag may be flying before that. It will be visible to around 200,000 cars daily.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Their reason isn't their real reason.

The stars and bars are a symbol of States' rights, which are being judicially removed from the Constitution. The last thing they want us to ponder is that it is possible for a State and the residents can say "You know what? Hell with this!" and strike it out on their own. B-Rock WILL make the flag illegal.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
You know, when I was a kid in high school I used to wear Confederate flag T-shirts. No one said anything about it, not staff or the black kids in class. It wasn't an issue until a bunch of liberal idiots made it an issue. I also use to wear a big Buck knife on my belt, and a few shirts that no way you could wear today. I had one with a picture of a soldier with an M-16 that said "I would rather be killing Communinsts" Imagine wearing that one today!

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, the flag that they proport to hate so much, was nothing more than a battle flag until March 1965 (IIRC)....it was adopted as the official flag of the Confederacy about a month prior to Lee's surrender. In fact, it was the 7th "official" flag of the confederacy....people really don't know their history......

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And while I'm at it.....the Constitution of the Confederate States of America allowed slavery, but, expressly forbade international slave trading....the international slave trading came from the Union of all States prior to the War of Northern Conquest..... :D

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
But they'll protect with Federal agents the "right" of two **** to fly their gay rag on a flagpole ...our grandpas would have yanked the flagpole outa the ground...while the local cop took a loooooooooong coffee break........elsewhere...

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
When I was in High School back in California our mascot was Col Reb, and the school queen was Miss Southern Bell, and our flag... you guessed it... the Reble Battle Flag.

But what is the rif over this flag, which sure looks better than that mexican rag their bringing into California

The garrison flag of the Confederate forces
at Vicksburg, Mississippi, 1863

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That flag was the first official flag of the Conferate States of America...first flown at the capital in Montgomery, AL. in March of 1861. If I remember correctly, President Tyler's granddaughter was the one who raised it first....I might be wrong on that.....

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
There's a certain breed of people out there that lose sleep in order to think of ways to 'CONTROL' the rest of us. They think up issues that do not exist. I call them IDIOTS and think all year long should be open season!

·
Administrator
11,051 Posts
Natalie said:
There's a certain breed of people out there that lose sleep in order to think of ways to 'CONTROL' the rest of us. They think up issues that do not exist. I call them IDIOTS and think all year long should be open season!
The problem is they are winning right now. Either candidate will expand the federal government, taxes and control over our lives. Thats the goal of global warming, universal healthcare, gun control and most of the other liberal programs to "change America".

·
Registered
859 Posts
The workin people pay the cost for the band. They never bought a ticket to the show !!!!!!......much less wanna dance to the music !!!!!!......we need a few more bouncers in the club to weed out the so called ''ballroom tip toers''.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
are tags required? and is there a bag limit?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts