Gunner Forum banner

Suggustions for a 7 mm rem mag

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Jestr 
#1 ·
I am looking for a rifle chambered in 7mm rem mag. I hit a wall as to finding an out of the box rifle between 1-2 k that is durable reliable and must keep a max of 1 moa.

First, yes 7mm rem mag. I have long guns for 5.56,7.62,300wm. I have a ruger m77 hunting rifle in 7mm rem mag that was my grandfathers. It is a solid rifle but doesn't have the abilities of long range applications. I am wanting to stay with this cartridge for this new rifle

second, I am looking for a multi role rig that keeps precision accuracy but is light enough to lug around for hunting

My issue is that I am seeing a lot of mixed reviews of different weapon systems. I have heard of many issues of Remington ever sense they were bought out. I am hearing of issues with Winchester even with the new rifles coming from fn's production shop. Savage, if I'm gonna go that route I might as well just have a rifle built ground up. I am looking for an out of box rifle that isn't going to require lots of work. I would appreciate any suggestions anyone has to offer.

#2 ·
I recently purchased a new model 70 in .308 and it is very accurate and is quite dependable. I would think that a model 70 in 7mmMag would be similar. I would be comfortable shooting such a rifle and caliber out to 500yds. When sighting in and general shooting of a hunting rifle I shoot three shot groups because of the barrel size and the fact that they heat up quickly.

#3 · (Edited)
To get what yer wanting yer gonna need to "build" it. Pick a rifle you like everything else about then buy a high dollar barrel for it. I'm not a fan of the game because I've seen the ugly side of it and I take more pride in gettin close than my ability to shoot 1000yds. But to each his own. Good luck, and welcome to the forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.