Gunner Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i have reached that point in life where i seem to need a little help in keeping my britches up.......

Now it would be easy to say and truthfull that i've put some weight on over the years and have developed that "snow cone" sort of build..............or as my wife says, my butt seems to have disappeared the older i get and i don't have much of an a** left. Either way you put it, things just sort of "funneled" down and i'm sick and tired of having to pull up my pants and having that empty toe-sack look in the back...........the alternative is to put my dang belt on so tight that it cuts into me and leaves marks for a while after sitting down............

So, i thought i'd give suspenders one more try---again. I've used suspenders off an on over the years and generally the've been more trouble than they were worth. With the clamps either coming loose on one style or busting the buttons off the other style,, it's been a fight.

Then one day, i saw a local PD officer with a set that i've never seen before. I took down the name of the company and found them on the internet and ordered a pair. Needless to say, i am exceedingly happy with these and am about to order a different pair in a different style to try out as well. This company is called Perrys and this is their web site:

http://www.perrysuspenders.com/persus.html

what i like about them is this special simple hook they use to just hook up under your belt. I went and got this style here http://www.perrysuspenders.com/bpesu.html

this style is just a two point hook-up and it keeps my sam browne rig and pants up all day without that constant stopping and pulling up my britches. I was a little leary of this style and figured i might be fighting the shoulder straps to keep them on......sort of like grandma fighting to keep that bra strap from sliding off the shoulder-------but the fit and width have not caused this problem.

i'm also gonna give the three point style a try in the next month or so just for comparison.

Needless to say when off-duty and civilan dressed, i'm using these puppies as well cause the same problem exists with the weight of my ruger p-90 or security six contributing to my "down-fall"-----so to speak.

Anyways, i just wanted to share this option with ya'll should you want to carry a substantial gun and have a problem with holding things up on your end........

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
I had a set of suspenders for a bit when I was real young. I seem to recall them being a huge pain. Now the belt runs thru slots on the suspenders? I suppose that would keep 'em from coming lose. You'll have to let us know how they hold up over a bit of time. :ugeek:

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
DEPUTY ... I have a set of them and they cut me in ft shoulders .
I've adj and moved they around I can't get them to fit me right .
Part of my problem is I'm shaped like a tennis ball with feet .

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
...as my ass has disappeared, I simply add another pouch with 2 clips....I'm going to try these suspenders, though...seem as though they'll be less trouble to drop and I'm tired of short wimmen saying "Hellllllllooooo down there" when they're behind me and I'm working....

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
:lol: :lol:

I like that song. American Werewolf in London. :cool:

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
...truth hurts, but a guy has to "face" it...with a "smile"....

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I've been wearing suspenders for years now. I've always heard "Crack Kills" & I wouldn't want to be responsible for that! :lol:

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
It's a plumber's problem.

So, now we have a 'fashion section'. I'm in!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
...you're welcome here as long as you don't turn your nose up....or put on "airs"...or get "sniffy" with us.... :twisted:

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
sheepdog said:
...you're welcome here as long as you don't turn your nose up....or put on "airs"...or get "sniffy" with us.... :twisted:
Yeah, like that's a problem. ;)

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Just what are you trying to say?

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
...I was using "crack" related terms...I give up....trying to be punny...trying to get a laugh...I'm going for a walk....

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
You are plenty punny. I'm chuckling - you just can't see me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts