Gunner Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a gun show this past weekend and traded a Bernardelli SXS 12ga for a Ar15.

I had never shot the sxs so I though i needed to move it along. It sat in safe for about 8ys.

This is my first ar, only shot 1 about 20+ years ago. The lower is a
PWA pre-ban lower receiver AR15 AR-15 Commando .223 5.56 1994

Other than that i dont know anything about it. Would like to hear what youall think.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I've never had one, so I'm zero help. I hope you get good posts from the others.

·
Administrator
11,217 Posts
When I was in basic and AIT we still had the M-14 and when I went back to my reserve unit we had M-1's so never had any experience. Post up some pics.

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
I was never in the military so my only knowledge was with those a couple friends have. In Washington you can't hunt with them so they are just money wasters and very loud ones at that. I did have a Ruger Ranch Rifle for Coyotes but my but my Ruger GSR works just as well and I can hunt with it.

·
Super Moderator
4,325 Posts
I trained on the M16 way back when I was much younger 1979. I was a young pup whose previous experience was shooting BB guns and once shooting my dad’s old Marlin bolt action 22. I missed the rabbit with the .22 :ROFLMAO:

The AR is a great platform, easy to shoot accurately. Recoil is straight back and forceful but not hard. It is really easy to stay on target. The first time I fired the gun I was able to score marksman. We spent three days shooting for practice . Then one day to gualify which meant you had to shoot well enough to hit a man sized silhouette target at 200 yards with more rounds than you missed. Marksman required hitting center mass with about 50% of 50 rounds fired from standing, sitting, and prone positions. And keeping all other rounds within the torso. We had the option to fire on the fifth day to attempt to shoot a better score or keep the previous days score. If we shot worse on day five we would be stuck with it. I decided to shoot again not just to try for a better score but because the gun was so much fun to shoot. I did shoot a little better but not enough to qualify expert. We went to the range once every home port. Which was at least once each year. I did get that expert rifle badge after shooting marksman one more time.
I have considered adding an AR15 to my collection a number of times. But haven’t pulled the trigger yet. I think shooting it at 200 yards way back when kept me from considering it as a home defense gun. But I know that it would definitely be easy to control in a firefight.

·
Super Moderator
4,325 Posts
drexzunxs seems to have snuck in under the wire. Hung around un noticed until today. Has two ISPs one in Brazil the other in Chile. Using a VPN anonymous proxy server that makes it appear to be in Texas.
the spammer/scammers are getting sneaky.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I don't see their point of doing this. They have nothing to gain here, no financial stuff. I like my VPN, even though sometimes it blocks me from GF. It makes everyone think I'm somewhere that I'm nowhere near. On my MSN home page, it always has some news about my bogus location...... :ROFLMAO:

·
Administrator
11,217 Posts
The scammers in the classifieds with the people putting in WTB ads was bad with a couple of users getting scammed out of several hundred on RF. The typical line was my father, brother, friend, etc. has that exact gun and they send a pic swiped from gun broker. Once a money order is sent they fold up the tent and move on. We put in a 25 posts and 30 day minimum membership to access the classifieds and that seem to have stopped it.

It is tough as One Fora has gone to Google one click to register and we have jumped to 20-60 new registrations a day. Tough to get into great detail with each one plus we are getting a lot of duplicate registrations which I usually just ban the new one unless they are within a few days then they both go. Between the spammers and duplicates we are probably chasing 10-20% immediately.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I had forgotten about the classifieds. Makes sense to me now. The NAA forum had a guy that somehow managed to post photos and graphics on his second post, in spite of a 15 post wait. It was basically a website home page for his business. He was even hawking merchandise in his profile.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts