Gunner Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The news just came out that his seizure was the result of a malignant brain tumor. Apparently it is an aggressive type of cancer and the prognosis is not good.

I doubt if there is much we have ever agreed upon but I can't help but wish him well for his final months.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Well, Terry....you beat me to it....I have had nothing for Teddy for many years but disgust and disdain....and yet, when I heard the news on the radio this morning, my first thought was....I hope he's ready to meet Jesus....I don't want even him to go unprepared....and that's a big change in this old dog's heart.....a tribute to what God can do.....I'd ask all of us to forget the past and pray for the only thing that'll improve his future...salvation....and comfort for his family...everyone is someone to someone.....

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
They say, iffin ya can't say sometin good about sumbuddy.... then don't........ so I will not say anything :roll:

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
That's the point....no matter how bad he or I is or are...or am...or was....there's mercy there.....long as you can fog a mirror, there's hope....

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Yeah I have similar sentiments. But I can't imagine how scary that must be to find that out.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Kinda like wakin' up to see a guy holdin' a twice-barrel between your eyes...with DT's...

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Maybe this is payback for that lady he drowned those many years ago. If that would have been you or I that drove a lady into the lake while drunk, we would have spent the last 30 years in a prison, instead of being a US Senator.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Yup....with no color TV....and no ice cream.....money talks....dirty money talks louder....

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
There are two sides to every coin...

And while Ted Kennedy has the legacy of Chappaquiddick, he has also done a lot of work championing American workers...do the two balance out, probably not.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
I won't miss the guy. Maybe that's wrong, but that'll be between me and mine when my time comes.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
From what I have read and watched of the Kennedy clan, I have respect for Bobby and Pres. JFK (didn't say I like them, just respect them).....the only nice thing I can say about Ted Kennedy is when he passes from this life, I hope he is at peace....other than that, I have nothing good to say.....

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Montanan said:
They say, iffin ya can't say sometin good about sumbuddy.... then don't........ so I will not say anything :roll:

fine weather we had today................

·
Registered
859 Posts
This man's life was put into political turmoil from the get go. We can judge him if we choose to do so,but, we need to be aware of being judged by the very things we judge others by. Politician's and actor's go hand in hand.....to a certain point in life. I never cared for his view on true belief's on abortion. Let's pray for his soul........not his human failures.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I for one have always wished for the day when Ted Kennedy would no longer be part of the political landscape, but not this way. Like it or not he has been an icon in the Senate for years. I don't agree with him or even like him for that matter, but watching my brother die from cancer years ago, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy (check that, if it happened to Osama Bin Laden or one of his ilk I would jump for joy :roll: ). OK, so I wouldn't wish this on anybody except my worst enemy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts