Gunner Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While cleaning out my gun cabinet, I found a duelling pistol tucked away in the bottom corner (please don't ask). It seems I had never had it registered (quite a finicky thing here in Canada) and when I checked it out online, I found I own a MENDI Spanish 12MM percussion duelling pistol reproduction with a smooth non-rifled 10 1/4" barrel (inhale!). I also found the original registration document from years ago where the first owner was an outfit called Hercules Sales and the last registered owner was the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation's Special Effects Dept.. This would indicate that the piece has been used in one or more movies and/or TV shows. I doubt the CBC will answer my letter but I tried and we'll see what I get back. I also tried but could not include any photo because I kept getting timed out. Does anyone have any idea of the value of this piece?

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Looks like u stumped the experts!:-D Welcome to the forum from colorado! I'm no expert but I know nothing about the gun either!:-D:-D

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
The Mendi is made in Spain 20 or 30 years ago . They are great shooter but have no real value . $50 to $100 is my guess . It is not a dueling pistol . Dueling pistol are flint .

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

I never saw your posts till today.
Sometimes this site takes a few days for your 1st posts to appear, then it's instant once they start going through.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Dennis from CO! And thanks to TX Gun Runner for the info! This is not a dueling pistol. And barely worth the price of a box of Keurig compatible coffee. I appreciate your time, kind sir. Some wheeler-dealer I turned out to be! And thanks to Mr. Gunjunkie. I was starting to develop a complex.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts