Gunner Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's shit ... that's right , shit! Shit may just be the most functional word in the English language.

* You can smoke shit, buy shit, sell shit, lose shit, find shit, forget shit, and tell others to eat shit.
* Some people know their shit, while others can't tell the difference between shit and shineola.
* There are lucky shits, dumb shits, and crazy shits.
* There is bull shit, horse shit, and chicken shit.
* You can throw shit, sling shit, catch shit, shoot the shit, or duck when the shit hits the fan.
* You can give a shit or serve shit on a shingle.
* You can find yourself in deep shit or be happier than a pig in shit.
* Some days are colder than shit, some days are hotter than shit, and some days are just plain shitty.
* Some music sounds like shit, things can look like shit, and there are times when you feel like shit.
* You can have too much shit, not enough shit, the right shit, the wrong shit or a lot of weird shit.
* You can carry shit, have a mountain of shit, or find yourself up shit creek without a paddle.
* Sometimes everything you touch turns to shit and other times you fall in a bucket of shit and come out smelling like a rose.
* When you stop to consider all the facts, it's the basic building block of the English language.
* Once you know your shit, you don't need to know anything else!!
* Remember Jack Shit?

Well, shit ... it's time for me to go. Just wanted you to know that I do give a shit and hope you had a nice day, without a bunch of shit happening. But, if you happen to catch a load of shit from some shit-head... Well, Shit Happens!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, that post really reminded me of my dad. He was a trucker who hauled cars across country. We learned a lot from him but were never allowed to use what we learned. ;)
 

·
Site Founder
Joined
·
25,453 Posts
Natalie said:
Actually, that post really reminded me of my dad. He was a trucker who hauled cars across country. We learned a lot from him but were never allowed to use what we learned. ;)
I bet when people asked him what he hauled, he said, ass. :shock: :lol:
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
11,051 Posts
Natalie said:
Actually, that post really reminded me of my dad. He was a trucker who hauled cars across country. We learned a lot from him but were never allowed to use what we learned. ;)
Who did he haul for?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
Natalie, I think you just set some sort of record.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thunderjohn said:
Natalie, I think you just set some sort of record.

WHAT? RECORD??? That flew right over my head.


As to 'who' he drove for, I don't remember as it was a long time ago. I remember he bought his own truck and it was red. He let me ride all the way home from Wisconsin with him. I thought I was somethin' special for sure. He would drive from Michigan to Colorado, Wyoming, Montana etc. I always thought he was on 'vacation' when I was young. Now I know. He worked very hard and how many hours he drove just to get back home to be with us. It was especially hard when there was snow and ice in the mountains. I would get frightened watching him load the tractor with all those cars. After that he drove for Universal Wine and Liquor. When he retired from that, he started his own tool route. He was no slacker for sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thunderjohn, did you mean a record with the use of 'that' word? It's true though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
Natalie said:
Thunderjohn, did you mean a record with the use of 'that' word? It's true though.
Yes, that word. Even when we had steers and horses I didn't see that much. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There's definately a lot of it in that post. Hope I didn't offend anyone. Sorry if I did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,148 Posts
Natalie said:
thunderjohn said:
Natalie, I think you just set some sort of record.

WHAT? RECORD??? That flew right over my head.


As to 'who' he drove for, I don't remember as it was a long time ago. I remember he bought his own truck and it was red. He let me ride all the way home from Wisconsin with him. I thought I was somethin' special for sure. He would drive from Michigan to Colorado, Wyoming, Montana etc. I always thought he was on 'vacation' when I was young. Now I know. He worked very hard and how many hours he drove just to get back home to be with us. It was especially hard when there was snow and ice in the mountains. I would get frightened watching him load the tractor with all those cars. After that he drove for Universal Wine and Liquor. When he retired from that, he started his own tool route. He was no slacker for sure.
He drove CAT out of Kenosha Wisconsin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
XLCH said:
Natalie said:
thunderjohn said:
Natalie, I think you just set some sort of record.

WHAT? RECORD??? That flew right over my head.


As to 'who' he drove for, I don't remember as it was a long time ago. I remember he bought his own truck and it was red. He let me ride all the way home from Wisconsin with him. I thought I was somethin' special for sure. He would drive from Michigan to Colorado, Wyoming, Montana etc. I always thought he was on 'vacation' when I was young. Now I know. He worked very hard and how many hours he drove just to get back home to be with us. It was especially hard when there was snow and ice in the mountains. I would get frightened watching him load the tractor with all those cars. After that he drove for Universal Wine and Liquor. When he retired from that, he started his own tool route. He was no slacker for sure.
He drove CAT out of Kenosha Wisconsin
My brother remembered. Thanks Dan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,936 Posts
How did I miss this gem the first time around? :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,194 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
Bountyhunter said:
You must have been busy trying on silky jackets. :)
I think the jacket looks like BEEP! :D
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top