Gunner Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Checked with both our local gunships and neither of them even knew there was a Mark IV. Might be awhile before I even see one, but no hurry on this one.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Checked with both our local gunships and neither of them even knew there was a Mark IV. Might be awhile before I even see one, but no hurry on this one.
I haven't seen one yet, either. I'm reading too many issues with it, so I may not bother to fondle one, since I'm not buying anyway. Most of the Rugers I've handled in the last few years have not been up to their former fit and finish.

I have felt very fortunate with my SP-101, made in 2015, that Gallery Of Guns sent me a good one. Fit and finish is as good as my Bearcats from 2011. All of the .22 SPs that I've handled since weren't as good on fit, especially the crane area, and lots of tool marks. Most have uneven cylinder lockup, with at least two chambers loose. More than a few over-torqued barrels, too.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
What issues are you hearing about the IV?
See my post #20, three posts below. Some aren't a big deal, some might be. Some just personal preferences.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Surprise, surprise! I saw a MKIV Hunter at our local shop, today. Price was $615.

Yes, there are obvious differences, but the gun looked pretty good, overall. Didn't try the take down feature because I'm really not interested in the gun. Why? The only two functional differences between the IV and the III that I could see are the take down feature and no LCI on the IV. Neither of those is an issue for me and I already have the MKIII Hunter. Interesting gun, but can't find an excuse to add one to the Marks I already have.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I can’t get excited over the MK-IV because it has a cast frame instead of the familiar smooth blued steel on my MK-II and MK-III.

Taking the earlier MK versions apart or putting it back together has never been an issue for me and there are many videos that show how.

The MK-II is by far my favorite but the MK-I is also nice and the MK-III can be back dated to eliminate superfluous features.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,150 Posts

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Is there a real performance difference between a Government and the Mark IV Competition?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts