Gunner Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Administrator
11,369 Posts
I'm not a SHTF believer because I think Orange Man wins another term and liberal heads explode. I don't see too many beta males that are worrisome. If they want violence then remember HL Mencken's quote:

“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
That didn't age well. :mad::mad::mad:

·
Administrator
11,369 Posts
Blueberries. We buy Wyman's frozen wild blueberries in 3# bags and have them on our oatmeal for breakfast. They have disappeared from the stores. They were USA or Canadian grown and now all Wyman's seems to have is some mixed berry stuff from South America which I trust as much as I do Biden to not raise my taxes.

·
Administrator
11,369 Posts
New lawnmowers are apparently scarce in the northeast now. Dealers are not getting shipments and people are calling from as far away as NJ looking for units in NH. Now I thought they could be coming up here and buying as we have to sales tax so they can take a vacation and save $100+ on a new mower.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
I have a 280 gallon fuel tank for diesel fuel. After 25 years it developed a leak. I've been told not to try and weld it, just get a new one. Two months ago the price was about $350, now it is $629 and the supplier can't find any. I called the Pee Dee company who makes them and he said one major problem is they can't find people to make them. The world has gone insane.

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 · (Edited)
I hope everyone is still stocking up on supplies. Just think what would I need to stabilize and repair the house, me. my pets, and vehicles. Buy as many items as you are able to.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
We were in the habit of stocking up years ago, because everything costs more later, and we had room to do it. I've got 100+ rolls of TP, loads of canned goods, bottled water, toiletries, detergent, flashlights, batteries, etc.. Your stove post reminded me I have no stove, but most canned stuff can be eaten at room temp.

Something people don't think about anymore is shortwave radios. Many of the major shortwave channels are now online clear as a bell, but there are still dozens that broadcast the old way. I have two portable shortwave radios. It's neat to realize you can listen to stations that are thousands of miles away. Non English speaking stations still broadcast in English at least part of the day. There are guidebooks that sort out the channels and times. Some are just a few states away, easy. If the :poop: really hits the fan, shortwave would be a good source of largely unbiased info about what's going on worldwide.

Reactions: Sightngrl
61 - 67 of 67 Posts