Gunner Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2401 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suspect the issue is a max page limit in the software or maybe it comes with an expiration date. We can use this one until the old one is fixed and then I will merge.

Went in to get a flu shot yesterday and the nurse said you are due to get another pneumonia shot as well. I question her and concluded she was right so got the high dose flu and a second pneumonia shot as well. One in each arm. Reminded me of basic training except no one was hollering at me. I can conclude the arm with the pneumonia shot is way more sore than the flu shot. Did have some side effects with fever and chills last night. Guess I must have needed it and going forward should be good protection. Perfect morning for hunting but I stayed in the sack. Starting to feel better except for the pneumonia in my left shoulder.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Shoulda gave it to ya in yer cheek like they did the penicillin shot then ya coulda rolled around on it!

·
Super Moderator
10,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have had the same Doc for 18 years. I like him because he is very methodical. Part of the annual physical he checks status of immunizations and I'm good on tetanus. Had one a couple years ago that was a combo shot that included tetanus, typhoid, whooping cough, .........

Dennis not showing my butt to that nurse I may get nominated to the Supreme Court. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
10,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Up and out before 1st light. It was 60 degrees at 5:30 and nothing was moving at all. Saw nothing. Supposed to be in 70's today so good day to change the oil and filter on the tractor and put that to bed.

·
Registered
11,010 Posts
Good morning folks!

Well, we've made it 18 hours and the world has not come to an end, it's going to be interesting to see how yesterday's vote will effect the upcoming elections.
On a flu shot note, my youngest got her shot yesterday and landed in the hospital from a respiratory reaction. To my knowledge,she has gotten them before.

Hope you all have a great day!

·
Super Moderator
10,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like to change the oil and filter in my equipment before I put to bed for the winter. Went down to the barn to do so in the new tractor and the oil filter is tiny. Didn't have a wrench that would fit. I went down to O'Reilly's Auto Parts and pick up filter pliers that are adjustable. Lost my enthusiasm by the time I got back so tomorrow is another day.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
I like to change the oil and filter in my equipment before I put to bed for the winter. Went down to the barn to do so in the new tractor and the oil filter is tiny. Didn't have a wrench that would fit. I went down to O'Reilly's Auto Parts and pick up filter pliers that are adjustable. Lost my enthusiasm by the time I got back so tomorrow is another day.
I use channel lock pliers on my golf cart....same thing, sorta.
I just did my golf cart and tractor last week. Hopefully I have only one more time mowing, then burn two fields in the winter.

·
Super Moderator
10,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The way it's been up here I may be mowing into November. Usually mid-October and it's done. Who knows, I'll do the mower after the last mow. Don't see me using the tractor unless it's to get a deer out. Already painted both buckets and washed it so oil and done. In the spring I'll worry about the hydraulic oil and filter.

·
Registered
11,010 Posts
Good morning folks! Been raining here the last 3 days, waiting for it to dry out so I can mow one last ttime. Hope you all have a great day! :-D:-D:-D

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Been rainin here too. Didn't get out of the 40s Saturday, or out of the 50s yesterday, but ended up with 3 3/4" in my rain gauge.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Flu shot: Had one and then next day felt like I had the flu; lasted three days. The next year, I thought,okay, maybe a fluke, I'll do it again. Same result. So I haven't had a flu shot for years, or, the flu!

I'll be mowing at least two more times, as I mow my leaves after I blow them into the center of the yard. Once about half of them are down; then once again when they're almost done. At least this is the last leaf year. I signed the paper today for the power company to remove my maples; guy said it may be another month or so getting done.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
$1.84 gas

Topped off my gas yesterday for $1.84.9, at our new BJ's. The main store opens Nov. 3, but the gas opened Saturday. "Founding Members" get the usual 10 cents off, plus sixty cents off through Oct.21. Not a bad deal, but I'm not driving extra to buy more sooner. I've heard of people doing that......

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I know you were glad to see that rain. How much do you average in a year?
Yeah, what the ground can't use, the lakes sure can.
They say the average is 20", but last year was the 1st time we hit that mark in a long time.

·
Super Moderator
10,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Flu shot: Had one and then next day felt like I had the flu; lasted three days. The next year, I thought,okay, maybe a fluke, I'll do it again. Same result. So I haven't had a flu shot for years, or, the flu!

I'll be mowing at least two more times, as I mow my leaves after I blow them into the center of the yard. Once about half of them are down; then once again when they're almost done. At least this is the last leaf year. I signed the paper today for the power company to remove my maples; guy said it may be another month or so getting done.
I had the flu in the late 80's and I was in bed for 9 days. The morning I came down with it I felt like crap but figured it would pass and got up to take a shower to go to work. I passes out in the bathroom and went down on the floor. To make a long story short after that I said never again and get my flu shot every year.

·
Registered
11,010 Posts
Good morning folks! Hopefully the rain slacks off today! :roll: Hope you all have a dry day!

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
We got another 3/4" this mornin.

·
Registered
11,010 Posts
Good morning folks! The rain has backed off here for a while, just watching the Florida weather and the Portland riots! :(:(:( Hahe a great day folks!!

1 - 20 of 2401 Posts