Gunner Forum banner

2341 - 2360 of 2401 Posts

·
Registered
11,010 Posts
Good morning folks! No errands today. Got a lot of stuff done last week, first Costco run in months! New battery for the truck, it was 6 years old and wifie wanted it replaced? It was the 2005 F150's 2nd battery, I figured it would be good for a while. Durango goes in tomorrow to get the heat/AC looked at, dual controls, only works on the driver side. I hear it is a major fix, $$$$, than God for warranties, I hope!
Son and family came over yesterday for Pizza and I helped him install a new yard light on my garage. He was suppose to bring me a backup semi-auto BB gun for my war on squirrels but forgot so I guess we'll have to have another pizza party!
Direct TV is now arguing with COX just in time for the Super Bowl so we'll probably miss that next week. It took two weeks to get TEGNA back last month. I can go out to the RV but wifie needs more room, she gets excited! LOL
Hope you all have a great day and stay safe!

·
Registered
11,010 Posts
Well, good morning folks! Things sure have changed. Someone said there were changes coming and they weren't kidding! It's going to take a bit for this old fart to get situated. LOL Definitely like the Dark Mode, easier on my old eyes. Now, if only I could see my keyboard.
Hope you all have a great day, this is going to be interesting!

Reactions: RidgeRunner

·
Registered
11,010 Posts
Good morning all! Got up at o dark 30, actually 3am to get to the Doc by 6:45 for annual check-up and vampire visit, no coffee don't yo know. Signing in and nurse walks out and Doc called in sick, appointment moved to next Friday. GRRRR!

Still have our ongoing battle with Squirrels, might even have one under the house. Called 3 different companies, finally had one return my call s maybe we will find out today.

Called Direct TV yesterday, turns out my next day delivery on the free antenna is now 3 to 5 days, might get it Monday, "after" the Super Bowl! GRRRR!

2021 continues! At least it was only $550 to fix the heat/ac on the Durango, BUT, it needs a serpentine belt and idler for another $385. LOL

Have a great day!

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Well, good morning folks! Things sure have changed. Someone said there were changes coming and they weren't kidding! It's going to take a bit for this old fart to get situated. LOL Definitely like the Dark Mode, easier on my old eyes. Now, if only I could see my keyboard.
Hope you all have a great day, this is going to be interesting!
I bought the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard K740. It helps my eyes alot.

·
Super Moderator
10,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,347
The new one has a backlit keyboard.

·
Registered
11,010 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,349
Only two days into it but I am impressed with the Acer. It has a metal cabinet and isn't any heavier than any others. The screen is 1080 HD and is really sharp. The speed was listed at 4.2 GH so seems like lightning compared to the old 2.4 GH HP. I was able to go into my Microsoft account and download the Office 2019 package I paid for on the old one and it was updated to the latest and greatest and is working fine. Just have an issue getting my history in outlook but the current e-mails are pulling in from my 3rd party provider. Just need to get that fixed and I'll be in tall cotton. It wasn't cheap but I went for 8 GB of ram and higher storage. It's an Acer Aspire 5 if your interested. Just be careful to avoid Windows 10S because that won't make your day. It isn't a touch screen but they do have them and it is nice but I can muddle along without it.

·
Registered
11,010 Posts
Life is good Terry! My next day delivery antenna never showed so I guess we'll have to find some free access to the Super Bowl. I guess we could try to figure out how to hook up the old tv to a computer now that we have a higher speed connection. Just gotta love COX!

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Life is good Terry! My next day delivery antenna never showed so I guess we'll have to find some free access to the Super Bowl. I guess we could try to figure out how to hook up the old tv to a computer now that we have a higher speed connection. Just gotta love COX!
Are you not close enough to town for rabbit ears?

·
Registered
11,010 Posts
Are you not close enough to town for rabbit ears?
We're about 65 miles and Direct TV shipped us an antenna next day delivery Wednesday that might arrive tomorrow. lol But, as wonder will have it, COX saw fit to turn the signal back on this morning. Don't know if it was viewer or advertiser complaints but they are bacj, at least for today. We will see tomorrow!

·
Super Moderator
10,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,353
According to the web you can live stream it from the NFL APP. Then just hook an HDMI cable from PC to your TV and watch it on there. It's number 10 for old man Brady, I have to route for him. If he wins he just may hang it up.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
He said he's coming back.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
I think this will be the death blow. Congratulations?

·
Super Moderator
10,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,356
The MVP of that game was the Tampa defense. They were relentless. Thought Mahomes tried to do too much and should have just thrown short passes to Kelce and the one draw play they ran gained good yardage I don't remember them running another. Not sure it would have made a difference but use the Tampa defensive line's aggressiveness against them. Either way I was happy to see Brady get another ring along with Gronk and I was routing for Tampa. Now time for pitchers and catchers to report.

·
Super Moderator
10,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,357
He said he's coming back.
For $25 million I would probably head out there again as well although that is peanuts compared to what Giselle makes. Must be just the inner drive that keeps him going.

·
Registered
11,010 Posts
I was glad to see Tampa win but I could care less about Brady. Kansas City completely fell apart, and the foolish penalties!

·
Super Moderator
10,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,359
I think this will be the death blow. Congratulations?
Between all the nonsense going on and the halftime show it didn't do football any good and the apparent theme we're all in this together just didn't play well. After 4 years of we hate anyone that disagrees with us it's now we're in it together. Wrong that fool will never be my president.

·
Registered
11,010 Posts
Between all the nonsense going on and the halftime show it didn't do football any good and the apparent theme we're all in this together just didn't play well. After 4 years of we hate anyone that disagrees with us it's now we're in it together. Wrong that fool will never be my president.
For sure!

2341 - 2360 of 2401 Posts