Gunner Forum banner

2361 - 2380 of 2408 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,361
They tell us we are in a wet pattern on FL Panhandle. Translated that means it rains every day. This is our 4th full winter here and is by far the coldest and wettest. We have some people here that this is their 8th season and they say the same thing. Now Biden wants to raise our taxes so he can make it colder or was it make himself richer, I get confused by these liberal programs.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
I might have you beat. This will be our fourth straight weekend of winter weather, and this is the worst yet. Sleet and freezing rain tonight, changing to snow by daylight. Only 4-5 inches, just like the last three weekends, only they all started on Friday nights. This one being worse, it has a second wave Saturday. Another 4 incher Monday night into Tuesday.

I'm sure glad global warming keeps causing such nice weather......:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
10,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,363
Got the 2nd Moderna shot this afternoon so in two weeks we should have whatever immunity we're going to get. Hey the extra fingers that have grown may come in handy.

·
Super Moderator
10,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,364
Saturday and more rain.

Doing ok with the 2nd shot as they say the reaction is stronger than with the first. Just feeling a little tired yesterday and a sore arm which is pretty much gone today. It was warm at the site of the injection but nothing else. My wife has felt more feverish and tired. That tells me it is working for us both. Got to be better than getting the covid.

We have about 2 months left before we head back home. Been a late winter up in NH and hopefully it will be an early spring.

·
Registered
11,014 Posts
Thank for the update Terry, always good to hear some first hand info.
The wife wants to get the shots and has been trying for a month with all the local outlets, and we border three counties, what a cluster.I contacted our local county rep Wednesday for help and he is helping. Only minutes later my Pain In The Ass Daughter (Got to love her) called asking if we wanted shots. Now she lives in restricted King County two counties away. So, we said, sure, 10 minutes later we both had appointments for next week and follow up next month. Now, both got canceled Friday due to lack of vaccine and told to contact them when their web sight became available, but she had tried. After letting my daughter know she contacted her "girl" and we are set up for two weeks later. Either Kelly is the biggest PITA ever and they just don't want to deal with her or she has a real good friend at the clinic but the gal is taking care of Kelly's family, as long as they live in the State. Thing are fluid at this point.

Oh, 4" of snow and snowing!

You all have a great day!

·
Registered
11,014 Posts
Good morning folks and a Happy Valentines Day from the Snowy PNW! I lied yesterday, we had about a foot when I went out to get the brush to knock the snow off the Dish. It was light powder so digging a path to the garage wasn't too bad, still snowing this morning and had 24 hours to settle so won't be so much fun next time. We don't have to go anywhere until Wednesday so should be gone by then.

You all have a great day!

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Hasn't gotten above zero here in a couple days, may get to 12 tomorrow. Our local powerplant has been forced to go greener the past few years. Today we were told to limit our consumption between 5pm and 10pm tonight. Seems cloudy, cold, snowy and windless don't generate a lot of power in solar panels and wind turbines. They also blamed a shortage of natural gas since our brilliant governor has been attacking O&G. 20 below tonight, glad I put in a woodburner a few years back. From the people's republic of Calirado, good night.

·
Super Moderator
10,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,370
The politicians got a lot of our green energy tax dollars kicked back to them. It is the whole climate change scam. Pay more taxes and we can control the weather but for a stinking virus you must wear a burka.

·
Registered
11,014 Posts
Seattle's Mayor (She is not running next election) just signed a proclamation banning Natural Gas for new commercial construction. Oh, and the Greenies want to take out the Dams on the Snake River. Better buy stock in Filson and Schnees!

My son normally works 1/2 days (Current Metro shift) Saturdays and Sundays and was asked to work an extra 4 Saturday. The upside, + $685, the down side, he had to drive the bus to Seattle. He did say he had a support vehicle following with mechanics and spare chains. Seattle really suck in the snow, 7 big hills that range from 500' to Sea level and lots of bridges and elevated roads.

The snow stopped at our place and started raining last night, hopefully it will be gone tomorrow.

You all stay safe and warm and have a great day!

·
Super Moderator
10,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,372
Got a front moving thru later today with severe thunderstorms and we are in the 3rd tier (of 5) risk of tornado's and strong winds and no hail risk. Don't know how you get a no hail risk with a tornado risk. Thought they went hand in hand. Tonight in the 30's and high tomorrow 50. Right now it's warm and foggy.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
We got about 4" of dry snow over the last few days, and it was -11° this morning.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
It's been raining for days. Right now we are at 52* with a lightening and thunder storm. I don't remember lightening and thunder when this cold.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
We had a mouse in the house today. Reckon the cold weather has run it inside. My wife saw it first and went to screaming and squealing calling out my name. Thought I was about to get lucky. Dang, it was just a mouse. :giggle:

·
Super Moderator
10,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,376
It's been raining for days. Right now we are at 52* with a lightening and thunder storm. I don't remember lightening and thunder when this cold.
I've seen lightning during a snow storm in NH. It's called thundersnow.

·
Registered
11,014 Posts
We're supposed to reach47 today and rain so most of our snow should disappear. We are going to venture out this morning to pick up a quilt the wife had farmed out to finish the process. Wifie did most of the work but just got too big for her. She's been working on it for over a year and needed it done before our granddaughter gets married. I think she was 11 when she asked for it and just turned 13.

Speaking of mice, we did catch a rat under the house, one, but one trap disappeared? Going to have to do a better search when things dry out.

Have a great day folks!

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
We can't win here. Every day or two, wintry mix of sleet, freezing rain, and / or snow. Just enough to make a slippery mess, barely melts off before the next batch hits, which is tomorrow evening through Friday morning. At least I'm not in Dallas area of Texas. Four degrees last night, 4 million without power; electric plants are down due to coal piles, wind turbines, and natural gas pumps freezing solid. Pipes bursting everywhere. News said coldest they've seen in 45 years.

2361 - 2380 of 2408 Posts