Gunner Forum banner

2381 - 2400 of 2401 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Do you have livestock out in the fields?
Just one cow. It doesn't seem to bother her. She hardly even goes in the barn.
I did throw out some alfalfa and range cubes, for more calories to burn than her normal blue stem.

Reactions: Dennis H

·
Super Moderator
10,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,382
We can't win here. Every day or two, wintry mix of sleet, freezing rain, and / or snow. Just enough to make a slippery mess, barely melts off before the next batch hits, which is tomorrow evening through Friday morning. At least I'm not in Dallas area of Texas. Four degrees last night, 4 million without power; electric plants are down due to coal piles, wind turbines, and natural gas pumps freezing solid. Pipes bursting everywhere. News said coldest they've seen in 45 years.
They couldn't take that down here either. At home the well (or city water if you have that) pipes come in underground into a heated cellar and with a well the pressure tank is in the cellar. Down here everything is outdoors and exposed. There is city water here and nights that are below freezing we drip the water to keep it from freezing but if it got down that low it would freeze.

I heard about the windmills freezing up and shutting the power grid down because people need heat and the grid was less than full power. Guess that's all of the green screw deal.

Just one cow. It doesn't seem to bother her. She hardly even goes in the barn.
I did throw out some alfalfa and range cubes, for more calories to burn than her normal blue stem.
Tough old bird set in her ways. You have to like it.

·
Registered
11,010 Posts
Hopefully more sun here today!

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
We had a beautiful day yesterday. 60* and sunny. I had almost forgotten what sunshine was. And, I sold a gun.
Good day.

·
Super Moderator
10,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,385
Pitchers and catchers reported today so I changed to my summer Avatar.

On a sad note I just saw Rush passed away. He was one of the great ones. RIP Rush.

·
Registered
11,010 Posts
SOLD a gun! OMG! :LOL: I should talk, I'm (we) down to just 9s and 22s for pistols and our shotguns and a couple of hunting / protection rifles. I don't hunt much any more but I think I'm covered from Squirrels to Griz.

Heard about Rush early yesterday, it was like a kick in the gut even though we knew it was coming. I was just talking with my brother on what the future ramifications will when he is gone, he had such a big impact. Those that actually "listened" to him understood him, those that just heard his comments and not the explanations did not. Most on the Left chose not to pay attention. I first heard him while hunting when Bush the elder was running for Pres but could not listen while at work.
Nobody can really fill his shoes so it will be interesting to see what becomes of his radio show.

You all have a great day!

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Freezing rain with some snow off and on since about 2 AM. Supposed to stop about noon tomorrow. I've used some vacation time to dodge most of it.

·
Super Moderator
10,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,390
Good....glub, glub......morning.
When we got here in Nov had about 2 weeks of good weather and since then if it's warm it's raining and if it's sunny it's cold. Looks like next week may improve finally.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
We're supposed to get over freezing today, for the first time in eight days.

·
Registered
11,010 Posts
We have been getting steady rain here and the rain Gads are going to dump the next two days so that should clear the last of the snow. Might even cool the protesters protesting last weeks two (very justified) police shootings.

Have a great, and hopefully dry day folks!

·
Super Moderator
10,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,393
what is this thing I see that is in the sky and bright. Walked this morning and with the wind it felt like 46 according to the experts, scientists. :eek:

·
Registered
11,010 Posts
what is this thing I see that is in the sky and bright. Walked this morning and with the wind it felt like 46 according to the experts, scientists. :eek:
WOW, What was it? I looked up and all I got was rain drops in my eyes.

·
Registered
11,010 Posts
Good morning folks! Well, our local "news" has found something new to complain about, Auto Insurance. It's based on driving record of course but also age, ZIP Code but also credit score. Now I do have an issue with the last but I'm sure the others directly correlate to numbers of accidents, BUT! We here it the great State of Washington have deemed this RACIST! Because people of color live in those high accident zips, have poor credit and must be young!

Have a great day folks!

·
Super Moderator
10,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,396
Looks like it will be a great week here after today. Few showers today then mid-60's -mid-70's the rest of the week. Thursday is freedom day for us. It will be 2 weeks after the 2nd shot and whatever immunity we have, is what we will get. My first order of business is a haircut. Got it done in Mid-Nov before we left and once we got into the vaccine system I let it go and it is really bugging me. Then we go out and really eat in a restaurant. First time since last March. Everything else has been take out.

·
Registered
11,010 Posts
Looks like it will be a great week here after today. Few showers today then mid-60's -mid-70's the rest of the week. Thursday is freedom day for us. It will be 2 weeks after the 2nd shot and whatever immunity we have, is what we will get. My first order of business is a haircut. Got it done in Mid-Nov before we left and once we got into the vaccine system I let it go and it is really bugging me. Then we go out and really eat in a restaurant. First time since last March. Everything else has been take out.
Congratulations!

·
Registered
11,010 Posts
Good morning folks! Rain here again but backing off tomorrow. It's a good thing because the furnace guy is finally coming to run his leak test. I find it interesting that it was OK to top off the pressure when it was under warranty but now a test is mandatory, might be a coincidence, but.
Had a 4 legged visitor last night, snacked on the wife's bird feeders then munched on the lawn for quite a while. Got to get a better night vision camera, cute little guy!
Hope you all have a great day!

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Supposed to be lower 60s here today, and lower 70s tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Sounds good and warm. The last of our weekend ice has almost melted. We're supposed to be 50 tomorrow and 60 Wednesday. 42 today.

Looked out this morning and my heat pump was bouncing a little bit and making noise. Coils were frosted, which is normal, so I figured it was maybe ice on the fan making it out of balance. Turned it off and did some Google. Said to leave it off a few minutes, and switch on Cool. That reverses the flow and thaws everything. Worked great. Fan was quiet, and coils were black in about two minutes. Once it shut off I went back to heat. It also said pumps have an auto - defrost cycle that should do it, but sometimes is slow to a sudden change. In my case a drizzle went to heavy rain in nothing flat.

Reactions: gunjunkie
2381 - 2400 of 2401 Posts