Gunner Forum banner

2441 - 2460 of 2509 Posts

·
Registered
11,075 Posts
I saw a quote of her somewhere the other day. She said that if the Democrats get their way, you won't be able to buy a water pistol.....
You can't hardly find them now!

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Can't forget those deadly Nerf guns..........this one's a six-shooter....:cool:

·
Super Moderator
10,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,444
Last here Aug 2019. He was looking to go into a long term care facility but haven't heard from him or anyone close.

·
Super Moderator
10,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,445
I saw a quote of her somewhere the other day. She said that if the Democrats get their way, you won't be able to buy a water pistol.....
Democrats are the ultimate Super Soaker.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
I just Googled out of curiosity, and actually found some performance numbers for a Nerf gun. Most models are .50 caliber, typical muzzle velocity is 36 feet per second, with a range of 50 to 75 feet. Couldn't find definite accuracy, but it seems to be about five inches at ten feet. Depends on the gun model and type of dart.

·
Super Moderator
10,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,447
Sounds more accurate than my sterling .22.

·
Super Moderator
10,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,448
Got some weather headed this way this morning. Strong T-storms and straight line winds . Had tornado warnings west of us but they went northeast and expired. Hear the rumbling off to the southwest so we'll be in it in a half hour or so. Such is March on the FL Panhandle.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
We got 4" of snow yesterday. The good wet kind, that fills a chain link fence in solid.
That ought'a get everything growing good. Supposed to be in the 70s this weekend.

·
Registered
11,075 Posts
Good morning folks! The rain is returning here, who would of thought, LOL. Got the truck cleaned out and some camping gear sorted out for my oldest and wifie's youngest, both have small tent type trailers so we divided up some stuff accordingly. The Boy is in to back country camping and daughter's husband is a glamper.

Ordered my 75th Birthday present, we'll see if it arrives before then, mid April, from Cabela's. Ordered the new S&W Shield Plus 9mm w/o safety, supposed to arrive 5 to 8 days, we will see. I figures, being a new release, it would be a while but I see they are already available and good reviews so far. The wife has a Shield and I the Shield 2.0 w/CT Laser and like them both.

You hall be safe and have a great day!

·
Super Moderator
10,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,451
Ridge:
Did the nasty weather affect you? Think it was worse north of us as we had a lot of rain in just a few minutes and a few thunder boomers but nothing major here.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Our day was miserable, gray and drizzle all day, around 45. Was 62 yesterday; 50 tomorrow. Only 2 days 'til Spring ?

·
Super Moderator
10,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,453
Cooler and less humid this morning. I taped the doors yesterday PM and will paint the outside today. When we came down November the paint was covered with spots of mold so cleaned off with clorox solution and I finally got out to a hardware store to get a quart of paint and supplies. Having had both shots I feel more like doing normal stuff instead of sitting in the basement like Drooling Joe.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
That band of bad weather seemed to break down before it hit us. We got some wind and rain, but nothing bad. There were six hours of tornado warnings, but this county stayed safe.

·
Registered
11,075 Posts
Good morning folks! Rain here again, started cleaning up the garage and organizing what's left of the camping gear. Burnt up my Harbor Freight compressor so it's time I get a new pressure switch for my big one, time to quit procrastinating.

You all have a great day!

·
Super Moderator
10,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,456
That band of bad weather seemed to break down before it hit us. We got some wind and rain, but nothing bad. There were six hours of tornado warnings, but this county stayed safe.
Good to hear no issues. Sounds about the same as here.

·
Registered
11,075 Posts
Good morning folks!

Well, we had a first here in my lifetime, Tornado warnings yesterday on the coast. Made me feel like I was back in Minnesota. Thankfully nothing came of it.

Wonder will never cease, Ordered the Shield Plus from Cabela's Wednesday and actually shipped the the local store Thursday, must say, I was really surprised, not here yet but expected to wait a few weeks. Safariland, on the other hand, was ordered 15th, entered the 16th, shipped the 17th FedEx but the shipper # is the item # so couldn't track. Called them, shipped USPS, sent me the tracking USPS tracking # a day later, doesn't work! I'll probably get it before they figure out the shipping info, I hope!!

You all be safe and have a great day!

·
Registered
11,075 Posts
Good morning folks! Another wet day out west. Still no response from Safariland, lol Got a call from the RV dealer asking if I'd consider lowering my price (after only one week), guess $9K wasn't enough of a mark up, said NO, marked SOLD yesterday. Somebody must have lost a little commission in the negotiations. Now we wait for the official notification. I can add that to the thing we are waiting for before our planned adventure.

Speaking of our adventure, we have limited our Ghost Town hunts to City 4X4 access only. If we were to choose Country 4X4 (ie: F150 w/ 10" + ground clearance) we could spend months in each state. lol The Durango isn't bad at 8" but I'm not doing serious Jeep roads. We're planning maybe 4 weeks. At 75 we figure this will be our last chance to visit distant family and friends and unfortunately a month late, lost my fave sister-in-law and her hubby last month so Utah will be somber. I haven't see my brother for a year so that will be fun, but, we do talk every day.

Well, enough of my rambling, you all have a great day and be safe!

Reactions: RidgeRunner

·
Super Moderator
10,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,459
We have a tornado watch about once a week down here in March/April. Saw one move thru last year and swallowed hard. It wasn't a tight funnel but it was the strangest looking clouds and it was moving fast. It hit dog island which is 6 miles out in the bay

·
Super Moderator
10,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,460
Had a meet and greet with some of the other owners outdoors in the park last night. Was good to get to know some of the others in our HOA.

Cloudy so far but expect it will burn off and highs in the 70's today. Going to be a shock getting home mid-April in NH. Have been known to get snow.

2441 - 2460 of 2509 Posts