Gunner Forum banner

2461 - 2480 of 2509 Posts

·
Registered
11,075 Posts
We have a tornado watch about once a week down here in March/April. Saw one move thru last year and swallowed hard. It wasn't a tight funnel but it was the strangest looking clouds and it was moving fast. It hit dog island which is 6 miles out in the bay
Had a couple close calls in Minnesota when I lived there but was very lucky to never have any property damage. When we lived in a mobile home park many lost their skirting and we had storage sheds blow between trailers but we suffered nothing. Scared the crap out of the wife and kids, happened so fast they couldn't get to the shelter, just opened the windows and hid in the bathtub. She was a Mn. girl! I was at work. We lived NE of MPLS and had trash all over from South of MPLS. Also got locked down in a Mall once while one passed by. I'll take the Earthquakes, no warning and done!

·
Registered
11,075 Posts
Good morning folks! Rain again so more plotting our adventure and waiting on RV sale, CPL,, Safariland and Cabela's, "It's in the Mail!" LOL! Oh, and second Covid shot 4/10, I'm thinking we may even be able to sneak in some Range time since businesses officially open back up today in some form today! We have a nice new one that opened just before the Pandemic closed everything down just on the south side of Tacoma.

Hope you all have a great day and stay safe!

·
Registered
11,075 Posts
Good morning folks! Rain and fog this morning. How plans can change, got a batch of stuff yesterday for trip prep, new camera batteries and misc stuff. Got another call from the RV dealer, manager this time, evidently his sales guys don't talk to him, asking if we'd take a $2K cut, NOPE!. 2 hrs later get a call our full price check is waiting, then get an email the Cabela's has my new Shield Plus waiting for pickup so that re-directs our planned prep shopping. LOL Love it when a plan comes together! Now, if only Safariland would talk to me. Oh well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Well, you all have a great day!

·
Super Moderator
10,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,464
Congrats on selling the RV. They get to a point where you either get rid of them or throw good money after bad. What great timing to celebrate it with a new gun. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
11,075 Posts
Well, what a learning experience, check's in the bank, that's a good thing but, gun pickup went crossways! Seems we have additional changes since my last purchase. Trigger lock added, besides the included cable lock, have to give the State access to medical records, and now have to submit paperwork to County of residence for additional background check and up to 10 day wait. First time ever! 😈🤬👹👿👺😡

·
Super Moderator
10,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,466
Well, what a learning experience, check's in the bank, that's a good thing but, gun pickup went crossways! Seems we have additional changes since my last purchase. Trigger lock added, besides the included cable lock, have to give the State access to medical records, and now have to submit paperwork to County of residence for additional background check and up to 10 day wait. First time ever! 😈🤬👹👿👺😡
Idaho starting to look better and better.

Definitely spring down here with temps in the 70's and sunny. Strong t-storms maybe Friday.

·
Registered
11,075 Posts
What I found interesting was the part about the medical info wast not written anywhere on my paperwork, it was in the store's computerized State check list. The last gun I purchased was 2019 just after the new laws were passed and that was not part of it and the County part was phone in, I might attribute that to the Covid changes though, they are just opening up the Sheriff's offices to the public. Now we wait! And, I try to find 13 round Shield Plus mags.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
....................gun pickup went crossways! Seems we have additional changes since my last purchase. Trigger lock added, besides the included cable lock, have to give the State access to medical records, and now have to submit paperwork to County of residence for additional background check and up to 10 day wait. First time ever! 😈🤬👹👿👺😡
What part of the Constitution do your legislatures not understand.....probably all of it. But specifically, "shall not be infringed."

·
Registered
11,075 Posts
What part of the Constitution do your legislatures not understand.....probably all of it. But specifically, "shall not be infringed."
Not just the Fed Constitution but our State Constitution as well and it is even worded stronger when it comes to the right to defense.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Last here Aug 2019. He was looking to go into a long term care facility but haven't heard from him or anyone close.
Sorry to hear that. sure hope he's alright. I enjoyed his posts and wisdom. I will be praying for him, as well as the rest of the forum members.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
You bet we will. He is a grumpy ol' teddy bear. I've missed his posts.

Reactions: SmittyJ

·
Super Moderator
10,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,472
If TGR did go into a care facility I imagine there was an interesting discussion about access to firearms. He used to carry a NAA 22 Mag in a holster he kept on a chord around his neck. He made it himself but I found one on line similar and bought it. I use it once in awhile around the house.

·
Registered
11,075 Posts
If TGR did go into a care facility I imagine there was an interesting discussion about access to firearms. He used to carry a NAA 22 Mag in a holster he kept on a chord around his neck. He made it himself but I found one on line similar and bought it. I use it once in awhile around the house.
I remember that! He had a holster attached to his walker as well if I remember correctly and that tactical walking stick. I bet he's a hoot at the nursing home!

·
Registered
11,075 Posts
Good morning folks, Happy Saturday!
Well, the saga continues on my quest to track my Safariland shipment. After many unanswered emails and calls over the week, yesterday, for 45 minutes, kept redialing every time they sent me to voice mail until I got a live person and refused their standard answer. Did find out the USPS shipping number they gave me was a FedEx number and was not transferred to USPS until GA on the 18th, never to be bread from again. Hopefully it will arrive next week. The alternative was for SL to re-enter the order, but wouldn't ship for a minimum of 30 days since they are now out of stock.
Still on hold for my new Shield but on a positive note, my CPL is in the mail. LOL
You all have a great day and stay safe!

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
I wish you the best luck on the Shipping Saga. I've never had a problem with USPS on its own. Can't say that about FedEx or especially UPS.

·
Super Moderator
10,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,476
The USPS in our town in NH is terrible. We changed banks this year and the 2 $600 payments bounced so the IRS sent checks. Never got them they were never forwarded. I wound up taking the credit on my taxes and filed them with the new bank account attached. Went on line and the IRS is still using the old bank for the $1,400 x 2 payments.:mad: I put our NH mail on hold so if they send checks maybe we will get it but odds are they will figure a way to screw it up. Down here with Amazon orders it has lately gotten to be a crap shoot. They go around the world and back when they are 50 miles away. We had some items that made it to Tallahassee and then went to NC, GA and then Jacksonville before going back to Tallahassee and then here. Amazon Prime next day or two day delivery is getting to be a joke.

·
Registered
11,075 Posts
The USPS in our town in NH is terrible. We changed banks this year and the 2 $600 payments bounced so the IRS sent checks. Never got them they were never forwarded. I wound up taking the credit on my taxes and filed them with the new bank account attached. Went on line and the IRS is still using the old bank for the $1,400 x 2 payments.:mad: I put our NH mail on hold so if they send checks maybe we will get it but odds are they will figure a way to screw it up. Down here with Amazon orders it has lately gotten to be a crap shoot. They go around the world and back when they are 50 miles away. We had some items that made it to Tallahassee and then went to NC, GA and then Jacksonville before going back to Tallahassee and then here. Amazon Prime next day or two day delivery is getting to be a joke.

we have friends having that same problem! I got lost on the second but filing our tax return fixed the problem on the third.

·
Registered
11,075 Posts
I wish you the best luck on the Shipping Saga. I've never had a problem with USPS on its own. Can't say that about FedEx or especially UPS.
Just going to wait and see at this point.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Worse time I ever had was with a book I bought from Midway, which is in Missouri. UPS had it go to NC, then somewhere in Indiana, then Memphis, and finally to me in Virginia. Took 14 days from the day I ordered. The tracking didn't show anything after leaving Midway, until it left Memphis. Once it was delivered, then the tracking showed the whole trip.

·
Super Moderator
10,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,480
A summer day here in spring, humid and temps in the 80's and winter back tomorrow. Cold front coming thru tonight and high tomorrow 60 with 20 MPH winds. Frost possible Friday morning. Getting us in shape for returning to NH.

2461 - 2480 of 2509 Posts