Gunner Forum banner

2521 - 2540 of 2584 Posts

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Smitty J......go to THE GUN STORE in Vegas. They have a wall full of full auto's that you can rent and shoot at their indoor range. It's great fun. I shot the old Thompson and the M16 in full auto. Seems like the cost was $50 for 50 rounds, but that was several years ago.
Machine gun shoots seem to be a big thong there. With the price of ammo today, cost might be prohibitive. We'll definitely look into it.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Did my first mow Friday. I have a half acre lot with about 200' of chain link. Lots of weeds and clover, don't think I saw any grass (?). Mow and trim takes about 4 hours.

I've figured out that mowing may be the straw that broke the bus driver's back. Wife is still on crutches, and I'm still doing cook, dishes, laundry, grocery store, etc.. Mowing takes more time than I have left. Maybe I should get a couple of goats ?
I can mow our 1-1/2 acres in a little over two hours, trimming 1000+ feet of chain link fence is another story, that could take weeks! Mowing outside the fence does add some time since two sides are fun culverts.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
We are pretty much set to head north in the morning......... second night Roanoke, VA ...........
Our red carpet is out to be cleaned, and the brass band can't play wearing masks.......I was hoping you'd get a better welcome........Honk on your way through.......:)

·
Super Moderator
10,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,524 ·
You are right on that. Not impressed with the Hilton Tru Hotel. Should have gone to old reliable Fairfield Inn. We have stayed there couple times a year pretty steady since 2003. The devil you do definitely applies. Is there something going on in town because looks like both are booked tonight otherwise we may have told them to stuff this one.

From Athens we went up 441 to I85 and then took I26. A new route as we picked up US19 off of it to I81. We are going along and this is a nice route and then we hit a jam up and it was stop and go for 25 miles and then slow for another 50. We eventually hit construction but did not see and accident and actually drove along thru the construction faster than the previous 25 miles.

Got take out from Hollywood's. It was decent food.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
You are right on that. Not impressed with the Hilton Tru Hotel. Should have gone to old reliable Fairfield Inn. We have stayed there couple times a year pretty steady since 2003. The devil you do definitely applies. Is there something going on in town because looks like both are booked tonight otherwise we may have told them to stuff this one.

From Athens we went up 441 to I85 and then took I26. A new route as we picked up US19 off of it to I81. We are going along and this is a nice route and then we hit a jam up and it was stop and go for 25 miles and then slow for another 50. We eventually hit construction but did not see and accident and actually drove along thru the construction faster than the previous 25 miles.

Got take out from Hollywood's. It was decent food.
Missed, you heading home, Safe Travels!

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Good morning folks! Getting stuff trip ready and finishing the yard project. Found a unique storage hole under the third seat we don't use that I can lock my M&P9 case in for safe storage. The wife has a Range Kit, might be a larger case which will be a problem. We decided to add the M&Ps for an outing with the kids, may have to rethink that one.
You all have a great day!

·
Super Moderator
10,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,527 ·
Decided TRU's meant tiny rooms, useless staff.

We are in Hazleton, PA at the FF Inn. Easy day and up at 4:00 AM tomorrow for the trip home. If I can get on the road at 6:00 we'll be home around noon. Two weddings in the Hotel but prevailed on the check in clerk to get us top floor, way down at the end and in the back. Should be ok and hopefully the midnight hall hockey game will be at the other end. If not it will be fun blowing reveille at 4:00.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Good morning folks! Daughter came over yesterday for a pre birthday dinner, Fried Icecreame at the local Mex shop. Yikes! Didn't think it would be a whole pint! That and chips and salsa was dinner, lol. Had a great time whit her and granddaughters, good thing the restaurant wasn't too busy, we were there for 3 hours visiting. Off to Pizza at a new Pizza shop in town today.
Wifie was able to move up the auto detailing to Monday so no last minute rush to load the car, make me a happy camper!

·
Super Moderator
10,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,529 ·
Got home at noon. Easy driving as we left about 6:15 this morning and stayed ahead was thru the big liberal states before they were awake. As always it feels good to be home.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Sweet dreams........:sleep:

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Glad yall made it home safe, Terry,
It's always good to get back to your regular bed,

Now, where are you plannin on campin this year?

·
Super Moderator
10,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,532 ·
I've got a couple of projects here to do here. Plan to loam and reseed a good sized section of lawn and I got to clean out quite a bit of deadfalls out of the wooded areas.

We have talked about a trip as we have several National Parks in the west on the bucket list but suspect we will stay more local this year and a trip to Northern NH and another one up the Maine coast. Got to get our quota of lobster and trout fishing in this summer.

I hear the National Park crowding has become even worse than normal with boom in RVing since the China virus eliminated a lot of foreign travel for all except those swimming into the US. May give it another year.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
I've got a couple of projects here to do here. Plan to loam and reseed a good sized section of lawn and I got to clean out quite a bit of deadfalls out of the wooded areas.

We have talked about a trip as we have several National Parks in the west on the bucket list but suspect we will stay more local this year and a trip to Northern NH and another one up the Maine coast. Got to get our quota of lobster and trout fishing in this summer.

I hear the National Park crowding has become even worse than normal with boom in RVing since the China virus eliminated a lot of foreign travel for all except those swimming into the US. May give it another year.
We'll let you know about the park crowding in a week or so, we plan on hitting several in Utah our first two weeks with Yellowstone and Glacier at the end, no RV this time, so hopefully able to get lots of pictures.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Glad you made it home safely Terry!

Good morning folks! Beautiful day yesterday! We enjoyed a quiet sunny 75* Sunday and Wifie took me to a new pizza place in town for a birthday feast. When we got home we had to spray the side mirrors on both vehicles fr Wasp bests, that was exciting! Foam spray works pretty slick in the mirrors and flushes the little bastards right out the bottom! Wifie handled the spray and I controlled the mirror tilt. I will admit, she was a little apprehensive!
Final prep the next couple of days.

·
Super Moderator
10,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,535 ·
We took the Yellow Bus Tour in Yellowstone and the Red Bus in Glacier. They are old touring cars and we thought they were worth the fare. Not sure what's happening with now as our visit was before the china virus.

The Utah parks are on our list of must see. I would like to hike part of the Narrows in Zion NP. It's a a hike pretty much in a river with canyon walls 2,000' up on each side. I wouldn't do the whole thing but a mile out and back should be fun. An easy 2 mile walk to get there and then in the river and cool off.

Enjoy it Smitty it sounds like a great adventure.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
We took the Yellow Bus Tour in Yellowstone and the Red Bus in Glacier. They are old touring cars and we thought they were worth the fare. Not sure what's happening with now as our visit was before the china virus.

The Utah parks are on our list of must see. I would like to hike part of the Narrows in Zion NP. It's a a hike pretty much in a river with canyon walls 2,000' up on each side. I wouldn't do the whole thing but a mile out and back should be fun. An easy 2 mile walk to get there and then in the river and cool off.

We've only been to Yellowstone in the winter but took the Yellow Bus Tour. They mount the buses on tracks and skis. The second time we went on a guided Wolf tour. That was in 07 just before the demise of the Druid Pack you see in so many films. Got some great pictures but wish I would have had a better lens. All I had was a 300 and a doubler.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts

Reactions: gunjunkie

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Good morning folks! Another beautiful day out West! Car's done, let the packing begin. May have to rent a trailer for all the stuff the wife has laid out. o_O Seems our Doc screwed up "again" and forgot to submit one of our meds at our yearly check-up so we had to rush out yesterday to get a 90 day supply locally. Always something!
You All have a great day!

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I woke up to 28° this mornin. Only supposed to get up to 46° this afternoon.

·
Super Moderator
10,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,540 ·
Sunny and it got into the 70's in NH today. Thursday the high is supposed to be mid to upper 40's with snow over about 1/2 the state. Fortunately not here.

Great pics Smitty. I was trying to be helpful but sounds like you know way more about it than I do. :) More pics pls.

2521 - 2540 of 2584 Posts