Gunner Forum banner

2541 - 2560 of 2584 Posts

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Sunny and it got into the 70's in NH today. Thursday the high is supposed to be mid to upper 40's with snow over about 1/2 the state. Fortunately not here.

Great pics Smitty. I was trying to be helpful but sounds like you know way more about it than I do. :) More pics pls.
I have 3 CDs full of pics from that trip but unfortunately only a couple of the wolves. I stopped taking them because I thought the didn't take. It wasn't until I go home and loaded them too the PC I realized it actually worked. o_O:rolleyes::cry:

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Good morning folks! Sunny and warm again this morning, car is all loaded, now all we have to do in find room for our cloths! 🤣 I guess that is what the back seat is for, good thing there is only two of us!

Well, the Chauvin verdict is in, no new news there. I figured he would get convicted but it was in no way a fair and impartial trial. My daughter had doctor appointments yesterday two blocks from the court house and got them changed to the Mayo in Rochester so she was able to go home to Mora via Wisconsin and bypass the Cities although didn't3get home until 10:30pm.

Well, you all have a great day! We'll be posting an our travels and be back to the great PNW around the 5th of July!

·
Super Moderator
10,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,543 ·
Have a great trip and adventure.

·
Super Moderator
10,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,544 ·
Dropped my wife's car off for LOF and tire rotation at a place we have used for a few years. The place was packed and I had to leave the car in the middle of the parking lot. Got a call about an hour later you car is ready. LOL.

Cold (40's) here today with a 30-40 MPH wind. Cut the walk short and worked inside. Thursday will be in the 80's, welcome to New England.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Good morning folks! First leg and first problem, lol! Not really funny I guess, but. Took the car in for the umpteenth time to get the slow leak fixed and the shop gave the "new" brakes a thorough checkup and, behold, the new rotors are 1/2" diameter too small. o_O:rolleyes::unsure: That was damned hard to see but they spotted it. So, now my shop at home is working with NAPA on how to get it fixed at our next stop Monday or Tuesday. Brakes still work OK but 1/4 of the brake pad does not touch the rotor. Did hopefully get the leak fixed and front tires balanced.
Updated maps on my Garmin GPS ( I had updated in Feb with maps and software) 2021 this time I guess but this time it revamped the look-up format and took me a day to figure out how the dang thing worked.
The fun continues!
Have a great day folks!

·
Super Moderator
10,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,546 ·
Much nicer day here today sunny, warm and light wind. Closed on the land in FL that our cottage sits on last week. Did it via overnight mail and phone with the official date Friday. Haven't gotten the final paperwork back yet. If we ever decide to sell it will be a lot easier with the land included.

I updated my Garmin external GPS in my truck a few years ago and had to put in an sd card as it ran out of memory. That slowed it down. Figure my next truck I'll have it as an option not that I am always impressed with the routing.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
We've been yo-yoing from 30s to 60s at night and 40s to 70s day. Most days are windy like 40 mph gusts. Crazy.

I have a (15 year?) old Magellan GPS that sticks to the windshield. Never been updated. So far I haven't driven into any lakes or backyards.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Good morning folks! Second leg! Beautiful downtown Burbank Wa. LOL Not sure it's even on the map. Wifie's sister had a big Birthday/Anniversary party for us yesterday and off to Twin Falls Id. tomorrow to see Shoshone Falls.
Slow leak seems to be fixed but yikes 45# pressure is a bit much. First time driving back roads, dang, that Hemi gets to 100+ quick when passing!
Brake issue will be resolved when we get back. Had 5 options and looks like mechanic might have picked the wrong option, doesn't explain why only the rotors are wrong though.
The adventure continues!
You all have a great day and stay safe!

·
Super Moderator
10,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,549 ·
We are in for a wet period for the next few days. Temps should start getting back into the 60's.

Got a 6 month check Dr appt next Monday and then a colonoscopy next Wednesday. I've had 2 of them, the last 10 years ago without issue and this the third will be my last unless they find really something.

The CDC said you don't need to wear a mask outdoors. I can't believe these guys get paid for these brilliant revelations. We are both fully vaccinated but I do wear a mask still when I go into a store. With the vaccine I figured the risk of taking a vaccine that has been given emergency approval was far outweighed by the Covid threat and potential complications with my risk factors. Each must make their own decision. If I was 25 years old I might feel differently.

·
Super Moderator
10,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,550 ·
Been windy up here this spring. The winds were 40 mph+ last night as it was howling. Still windy and cool here today but got to get out and do my walking as we have sunshine.

I need to get some range time in next week as it's been way to long. May take my Bond derringer over and run some rounds thru the 44 Special BBL's and a revolver that way I won't have to chase brass. Tuesday is my prep day so rather than sitting around feeling sorry for myself maybe I'll head over in the afternoon if the weather is dry.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I was 96° here yesterday.
Today it only got to 56°, with an 80% chance of rain, but nary a drop to be found.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
20210429_091029.jpg
Shoshone Falls

Reactions: gunjunkie

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Salt Lake City was a bust, everything under construction. Stopped by two of Andrew Zimmer's choices, Crown Burgers and MO Bettah Hawaiian , both good. Found by chance top 5 most dangerous areas in SLC, we chose #1,lol. Moved on to Richfield and Bryce Canyon NP. a day early.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
20210501_133245.jpg
Actually got the beast off road and in 4 low for the first time.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
20210502_121958.jpg

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
20210502_122135.jpg

Reactions: gunjunkie

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
20210502_122141.jpg
a couple pics from Bryce Canyon.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Had a little excitement this morning. Stopped at Denny's for a quick breakfast before heading Zion NP and Kanab UT. Wifie ordered their French Toast Slam, didn't know it would come with a live baby Scorpion! YIKES!!!! She was done after one slice, breakfast was free! Needless to say, we are eating in for a while. Our waitress really freaked out and a couple of customers really checked out their food.

And the trip goes on!

Hav a great day folks!

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Beautiful photos !

But...........you didn't take one of the cute little scorpion.........:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
10,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,560 ·
Wow 9,000 + feet that's up there for those of us that are sea level flatlanders. Really nice pics of Bryce. We drove right by Shoshone Falls when we went to ID and never stopped. Never knew about them.

Curious to hear what you think of Zion as have heard nothing but good things about the park. What are the day night temperatures you are getting now?

So you are a Denny's grand prize winner. :LOL:

2541 - 2560 of 2584 Posts