Gunner Forum banner

2561 - 2580 of 2584 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,561 ·
Today is prep day so no solid food. Figured a big dinner last night would carry me thru the morning. Woke up hungry :mad:. Had my two cups of decaf and working on my first cup of tea. Had my first popsicle of the day. The exciting menu consists of beef broth, sorbet, gatorade and popsicles. No red, orange or purple of course. :)

Cold and some rain. I reseeded the clover along the driveway as I don't think it had time to get established before winter hit last year so the rain should get the seeds off and running. It's Dutch White Clover and once established supposed to crowd out weeds and grow a few inches tall. The banks are too steep to run the lawn mower along so figured that was a good compromise. Time will tell.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Beautiful photos !

But...........you didn't take one of the cute little scorpion.........:rolleyes:
When the waitress saw it move, she whisked it away so fast we didn't have time to think about it. Activity was quick around there for a bit! She was more upset than my wife.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Wow 9,000 + feet that's up there for those of us that are sea level flatlanders. Really nice pics of Bryce. We drove right by Shoshone Falls when we went to ID and never stopped. Never knew about them.

Curious to hear what you think of Zion as have heard nothing but good things about the park. What are the day night temperatures you are getting now?

So you are a Denny's grand prize winner. :LOL:
Bryce was looking down from the rim, Zion was looking up from the bottom mostly until climbing out. The actual Zion Canyon was tour bus only and a 3 hour wait for tickets so we passed on that. Pics coming, I hope, wifie accidentally hit delete.
Temps ar in the low 80s so far but climbing today!

·
Super Moderator
10,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,564 ·
So sounds like this isn't a bad time of the year to head out temperature wise, but sounds like everyone else does as well. Planning on doing the Riverside hike down to the narrows in Zion? Something about look up canyon walls 2,000' high once you get down there that puts it on the bucket list for me. When we decide to go will have to make reservations for the tour bus in advance, good info, thanks.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
So sounds like this isn't a bad time of the year to head out temperature wise, but sounds like everyone else does as well. Planning on doing the Riverside hike down to the narrows in Zion? Something about look up canyon walls 2,000' high once you get down there that puts it on the bucket list for me. When we decide to go will have to make reservations for the tour bus in advance, good info, thanks.
I'm slowly working my fat ars up to walking, this past year has about killed me. But, getting better each day, just have to get after it. did more today.

Reactions: gunjunkie

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Well, no Zion photos! :cry: Wifie tried an experiment "before" backing up her pics, lost her complete photo gallery!
Words can not describe! She had posted some on FB but not the last couple of days.

The trek continues!

·
Super Moderator
10,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,567 ·
That's a shame on the pics but stuff like that happens in the digital age. Sort of like exposing a roll of film to the light in different times. That Riverside hike to the narrows is labeled easy in my National Parks guide so sounds like a just fun stroll. The actual Narrows hike in the river much more difficult and not something I would tackle this time of the year or maybe not at all once I put eyes on it. Would have to at least get a little wet though. ;)

·
Super Moderator
10,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,568 ·
Well looks like I survived the procedure. They said things looked pretty normal but took out 4 small polyps that do not look to be an issue but will biopsy anyway. If everything is ok then glad they took pictures because doubtful they will see this butt again.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
That's a shame on the pics but stuff like that happens in the digital age. Sort of like exposing a roll of film to the light in different times. That Riverside hike to the narrows is labeled easy in my National Parks guide so sounds like a just fun stroll. The actual Narrows hike in the river much more difficult and not something I would tackle this time of the year or maybe not at all once I put eyes on it. Would have to at least get a little wet though. ;)
I think they had a 10 acre parking lot at the visitor center and it was full with a three hour wait for the buses and most of the pull outs were packed with hikers. That was about 9am.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Well looks like I survived the procedure. They said things looked pretty normal but took out 4 small polyps that do not look to be an issue but will biopsy anyway. If everything is ok then glad they took pictures because doubtful they will see this butt again.
Glad everything went well!

·
Super Moderator
10,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,571 ·
Sunny and more wind today. On the 10 day the high temps run from 51 to 63. Could use it a little warmer, come on man.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Happy for the good results. I'm sure it's one of the better butts they've seen......o_O

·
Super Moderator
10,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,573 ·
Well they didn't pin a ribbon on it so probably was out of the running. :D

·
Super Moderator
10,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,574 ·
Went out and bought a grill yesterday afternoon at Lowe's. Got it home and got the tractor out and ratchet strapped it onto the loader bucket (130#) and put the box in the garage. After I walk today I'll repeat the process except put it up on the deck and my afternoon project will be trying to lose a couple of screws as I put it together.

·
Super Moderator
10,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,575 ·
I ran out of parts so I think it's all together. o_O

Think I'm going to like it. We swore off gas grills a long time ago and went with electric and eventually a small Foreman Grill. Easier when you are RVing. Decided to get back into it as it's actually easier and not doubt we will use it a lot more here in the summertime. They have come a long way with them.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
I ran out of parts so I think it's all together. o_O

Think I'm going to like it. We swore off gas grills a long time ago and went with electric and eventually a small Foreman Grill. Easier when you are RVing. Decided to get back into it as it's actually easier and not doubt we will use it a lot more here in the summertime. They have come a long way with them.
Happy Cooking!

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Good morning folks! First day in Vegas was a bust, had to make a speed trip back to St George UT. to pick up a pillow someone forgot. Happy Wife, Happy Life!

Hit 3 ghost towns yesterday and a big f-ing Chevron station called Terribles about the size of Cabela's.
GPS played tricks on us, said "you have arrived at ghost town!". Nothing but desert sagebrush! Girls were not happy, never laughed so hard in my life, sure wished I had a recording. Traveled another 7 miles through mountains on a very primitive road to find it. Had a great time, well, I did. Wife is happy, washed her car this morning! 🥰
Mother's Day brunch tomorrow then off to Phoenix!

Have I said Cabela's, Dick's and REI suck! Gave my favorite Vitroinox knife to my wife for our trip, (had it 50 years) wanted to replace it, Amazon to the rescue, arriving today.

Hope you all have a great day!

·
Super Moderator
10,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,578 ·
Sounds like you are having a great time with your travels.

·
Super Moderator
10,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,579 ·
Got some rain here last night and into this morning. The clover I reseeded along the driveway is up strong and the rain is just what it needed. Maybe it will winter over next year as the fall planting was too late for it to set deep enough roots.

Had a guy that just joined send me a PM and asked to close his account as their wasn't enough activity.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I kinda have to agree with him, it is a little slow here lately. SNG is pretty scarce with her entertaining posts, too......:censored:

2561 - 2580 of 2584 Posts