Gunner Forum banner

2601 - 2617 of 2617 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,601 · (Edited)
I imagine ole Ed had a few scratched after that encounter.

Cold and rainy weekend with highs 40's and 50's. Went from AC to heat. Got my grass seed planted so the April weather will help getting it a good start.

Set a record today for the lowest high temperature ever. That global warming is killing me.

·
Registered
11,139 Posts
Made it through Memphis didn't know breakfast would be in Mississippi 6 miles down the road.
Graceland about killed me, Hot and Humidity! And that was 9am. Beautiful place
FB_IMG_1622318633052.jpg
FB_IMG_1622318937651.jpg

·
Registered
11,139 Posts
Elvis loved his guns, used the smoke house for a shooting range.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,139 Posts
FB_IMG_1622318847804.jpg
FB_IMG_1622318839016.jpg

·
Registered
11,139 Posts
Nashville today. Got to download photos.
Hope you are all doing well!

·
Super Moderator
10,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,606 ·
So was Elvis a Colt or Smith guy? I know Nixon made him an honorary FBI Agent and he had a badge. Interesting trip. Send some of that hot weather up here.

·
Super Moderator
10,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,607 ·
Had a spammer register this morning. I was tempted to leave them at least get some activity here.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Our Father blessed us with 2 1/4" of rain overnight.
That's quite a bit for around here.

·
Super Moderator
10,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,609 ·
Not sure how much we got here as rain varied from 2-4" statewide. It was much needed. By next weekend we'll be in the 90's for a few days in a row. Only 50 degrees warmer than last weekend.

·
Registered
11,139 Posts
So was Elvis a Colt or Smith guy? I know Nixon made him an honorary FBI Agent and he had a badge. Interesting trip. Send some of that hot weather up here.
Got a pic somewhere of all the honorary departments he had patches and badges from. Don't think it mattered on brand as long as it went bang!

·
Registered
11,139 Posts
Got ma hat in Nashville, not what or where planned. Check out Hatwrks! Had a little kerfuffle Saturday morning, bunch of hippy crackpots! Went somewhere else, did save $100 and visited Kid Rock's joint!
Room had view of Prostitution Row! LOL

·
Registered
11,139 Posts
Roanoke last night and room sucked, out at 0 dark 30. Gainsville Va. for 3 nights.

·
Super Moderator
10,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,613 ·
Last stay in Bearcatter country we stayed in the new Hilton Tru and was unimpressed with the tiny rooms. We will go back to the old Fairfield Inn next time.

·
Super Moderator
10,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,614 ·
I spent 2 hours this afternoon trying to get grease into a U-Joint on the tractor that until yesterday never knew it was there. It is behind a metal plate with a couple holes in the plate and 4 hoses going thru one and the other I guess to grease it from but not happening. I finally got and old grease gun (after trying with two others) I have had forever that had a narrow coupler on it, move some of the hoses out of the way and was able to turn the shaft so Jupiter aligned with Mars and I got some grease in it. Time to get a long thin coupler or a needle nozzle. The first grease that has seen since I bought the tractor.

·
Registered
11,139 Posts
I spent 2 hours this afternoon trying to get grease into a U-Joint on the tractor that until yesterday never knew it was there. It is behind a metal plate with a couple holes in the plate and 4 hoses going thru one and the other I guess to grease it from but not happening. I finally got and old grease gun (after trying with two others) I have had forever that had a narrow coupler on it, move some of the hoses out of the way and was able to turn the shaft so Jupiter aligned with Mars and I got some grease in it. Time to get a long thin coupler or a needle nozzle. The first grease that has seen since I bought the tractor.
👍 gotta love old school!

·
Registered
11,139 Posts
On the filp side! Had a great time with #1 son and his lady. Visited Mt Vernon, I should be able to walk in a couple more days. Stayed in Cambridge Oh. Last night, Lafayette In, not to be confused with Tn. tonight. Iowa City tomorrow then Rochester MN. and more family, and to get front spoiler/damm repaired, tore it loose on a high curb at a rest stop. Just about had the problem taken care of by a young lady, thankfully she chose the safety cones rather than the front of our car when she ran out of lane at 80 mph, a semi was our alternative. 😲😳🥺

Hope you are all doing well!

·
Super Moderator
10,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,617 ·
Yesterday was the third day in a row in the 90's. My wife has been having problems with her cell phone, acts like a short so we decided after 5 years time for a new phone. Verizon has been increasing rates and limiting options so went over to T-Mobile and got a 2 for 1 deal on new phones and a deal that when including paying for the 1 phone over 2 years plus the plan which includes unlimited data the total is $5 a month cheaper than the Verizon data plan alone with 10 GB data. As long as I have cell service in both places we are happy.

2601 - 2617 of 2617 Posts