Gunner Forum banner
2621 - 2640 of 2683 Posts

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
What happened to smittyJ ?? Haven't heard from him in 14 days. Did we miss the back half of his trip ??

Where is SNG ?? Where are lots of people ?? Are we all bored with the silly memes ??

·
Administrator
10,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,622 ·
Truthfully I feel like I'm talking to myself at times on here.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
I'm here every day, usually twice.

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
I still pop in to read how everybody is doing. Hot and dry out here after a wet spring. Formula for tall dry grass. Hope my horses and mules get it ate down before a fire comes along!

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Well 51 years ago today my wife and I took our vows. Really doesn't seem that long ago.
Happy anniversary Terry and Mrs. P!

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
51 is pretty rare these days, you were a good picker-outer for sure.

We're coming up on 28 years in January. My previous three add up to only nine, so this one must be a keeper. I need to get her off the crutches though. Six months of it makes her more grouchy than usual.........

·
Administrator
10,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,630 ·
Hot one here today 90 with dew points pushing 70. Did my walking this morning and my big accomplishment for today was taking both the car and truck down and fueling them up this afternoon.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
It was 101° here yesterday, then 60° this morning, and only got up to 78°.
I was makin good headway workin on my truck, and an old friend stopped by.
Didn't get nothing done the rest of the day other than solve world problems.

·
Administrator
10,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,632 ·
Looks like we may get some needed rain this afternoon as a front comes thru and temps will be 70's rest of the week. I don't mind heat but I don't like humidity.

GJ sometimes you just have to kick back and put your feet up.

·
Registered
11,167 Posts
Well, Good Morning Folks! Somehow lost my connection after leaving Va. on the Cell Phone and the Lap Top was spotty at best.

Got home Thursday afternoon, crashed (nap), unloaded car, grabbed some snacks at Dos Margaritas up the street from the house ad was in bed by 8:30.

Catch Up: Went to Rochester Mn. from Va, via Cambridge Oh., Lafayette In., and Iowa City Iowa. Had a little fopaw when
wifie got In and La mixed up but we caught it when the confirmation came through. Had a good visit with Daughter, GDaughter and Niece. Niece won a beautiful Pontoon Boat from Bass Pro in a raffle through the NWTF and just got it a month ago so we went for a ride on the Mississippi on it, really nice boat, $100 well spent!
From there we hit Sheridan Wy., HOT 103, and Cody Wy, Deadwood, Sturges, Mt Rushmore, Wile Horses and off to Yellowstone.

We spent an extra day in Rochester to go to a Laura Ingles Wilder Museum and to get the front spoiler anchored back on after I ripper it off on a high curb, so that really messed up our next couple of stops. Ended up in Gardiner Mt. and Three Forks Mt. instead of West Yellowstone and Virginia City. but worked out and still made all our stops.

Road To The Sun at Glacier was not completely open but we could have driven it after 5pm without a ticket but we opted for the 1-1/2 hour drive to Many Glaciers for the wildlife, big mistake! 3 hours of road construction! Beautiful country though!

I think Garmin might be a sponsor for the Mountain Men TV show, it routed us through many of their locations on the way to the Yaak Valley and Willow Bend Trading Post, our last stop before my brother's house. It is run by Will Stringfellow who has appeared with Tom Oar on the show. I had been chatting with him since I had found his site on FB and that he did have an actual shop. It is mainly a front for online sales at his home. The highlite was, he had arranged for Tom to come and meet us and we sat and chatted for over an hour. He probably would have stayed longer but we had to leave,

We have around 3000 pictures so I need to get them down loaded, picked up several knives and the craziest care along the was so will post some later.

Good to be back! Hope you are all doing well!

·
Registered
11,167 Posts
PS: Supposed to be 106 here the next couple of days!! YIKES!! Only reached 100 a couple of times since the started keeping records in 1880.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Smitty, we're glad to hear from you ! Sounds like a continuing adventure.....3000 pictures are going to make a long thread..........:D

We've been getting 90s and thunderstorms that we normally don't get until late July or August. I guess those months will be in the hundreds......o_O

·
Administrator
10,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,636 ·
Welcome back Smitty. Sounds like a whirl-a-wind adventure and a great time. Was it crowded in the National Parks?

In the 90's here the next 3 days and I got two pails of driveway sealer down yesterday so got one more for this week. I'll do 3 a week until I get down to the road. Figuring I'll get there in September.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Sounds like your driveway is in two zip codes.......:(

·
Administrator
10,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,638 ·
Sounds like your driveway is in two zip codes.......:(
Actually it is and that is a real PIA. My mail box and hence mailing address is in one town and my home and residence is in another. NH puts mailing address on you license and then you can have them put residence on the back which I have done. Everytime we go to vote I say look at the back after they say no. Then they look confused like a deer in the headlights and don't know what to do. On the plus side we sit way back on 10 acres and don't have to deal with neighbors. This time of year I can't even see them. The only issue is all the damn deer eating the flowers or to rephrase having to hear about the damn deer eating the flowers.

·
Administrator
10,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,639 ·
Fourth day in a row of +90 temps with dew points running around 70. Set two records in a row for this area and probably a 3rd today. Been doing my indoors jobs. Lined the inside of the toilet tanks with a foam insulation to reduce the condensation on the tanks. Stuff is like working with bitch-o-thane. I also put a new flush lever on the upstairs toilet and actually had to hack saw off the old then after I got it off I figured out it was a reverse thread. :oops:

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Been anywhere from 88* to 96* since middle of last week. Finally forecast of 83* Friday and upper seventies over weekend. Doesn't make it cooler to think about the folks roasting in hundreds out west. I was in Phoenix once in 118* heat. Big difference was single digit humidity. The people in Washington, Oregon, etc. don't have that help.

2621 - 2640 of 2683 Posts