Gunner Forum banner
2701 - 2720 of 2742 Posts

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
Speaking of snakes I just saw Cuomo resigned effective in 14 days. Of course he is innocent and was only being friendly when he sexually assaulted multiple women.
I saw that snake flappin his jaw too. I'd have to say he was speaking with a forked tongue.

• Haha
Reactions: RidgeRunner

·
Administrator
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,703 ·
Wonder if he's still gearing up to run for President in 2024. Bill Cosby can be his campaign manager.

·
Administrator
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,704 ·
Hit 90 today and the dew point was in the 70's so it was a bit nasty. Mowed my lawn this afternoon and wasn't too bad riding around on the mower. Tomorrow 96 and Friday 95 then cools down to the low 80's. Think I'll take a day off from walking tomorrow.

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
Good morning folks! Seattle finally got some "measurable" rain at Seatac airport, why they measure there I don't know but still none here. Dry as a popcorn fart!
Not a good day yesterday for this old fart, did finally get to see the Neurosurgeon who prescribed a specific med for the hip pending an MRI, but, before the appointment, lost my balance getting out of my chair, (may have been due to wearing my bifuckles, I only wear them to read) and tripped over a coffee table and tried my damnedest to fall through the front room window. I managed to twist enough to slam my bad shoulder int the wall, that was really great fun! Wifie managed to get me upright and make sure the window was OK! So far, I thing everything is working, time will tell. Right now I'm sure liking the sound of that Cortisone shot Terry!
On the plus side, updated the software and maps in my Garmin GPS's and looks like they fixed my navigation issues. I'm sure they had lots of complaints.
Well, the Dentist just called and rescheduled, broke my heart. Between my Back, Shoulder and Heat I was not looking forward to it.
Terry, I have holsters from Rob for almost every pistol we own and love them but had seen the Winthrop for the Shield and was really impressed, light like the DeSantis and 1/2 the price, so thought I would give them a try. I regularly carry the Shield ina BlackRhino CTS IWB, extremely comfortable, just thought something for an OWB option might be in order. I also like the 1791 brand.
Well, I'm going to sit in fron of the AC today and behave myself, you all have a great day!

·
Administrator
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,706 ·
If they are going to cut your shoulder within 3 months they won't give a shot. They have seen an increase in ruptures with the reattachment. Mine feels better 6 days later and not sure if it's the shot or I have been resting it for 6 days. Right now I get cut the 3rd week in May. Well when I go out I should have good teeth and shoulders. 😁

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Hit 90 today and the dew point was in the 70's so it was a bit nasty. Mowed my lawn this afternoon and wasn't too bad riding around on the mower. Tomorrow 96 and Friday 95 then cools down to the low 80's. Think I'll take a day off from walking tomorrow.
We've had nothing but 90s for two weeks. A very few ten minute thunderstorms are the only rain. This whole summer has been weird weather.

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
Good morning folks!
Started the Prednisone for my hip yesterday, 6 hits the first day decreasing one every dad till gone. This is a twofer since it also helps the shoulder as well at the PT giving both a workout. Not liking the crunching in the shoulder but everything seams to be working and range of motion is good so hopefully no major damage there. They also gave me Neurontin for nerve pain, don't like that stuff, took it years ago for shaking in my hand, an Epileptic drug, didn't work so threw it away, going to try once, we'll see! Did not have fun at PT. 90* exercising wearing a mash is not fun!

Well, this is interesting, lost my internet connection and 2/3 of my post but see it is still waiting for me to "post reply" an hour and half later lol Glad I came back and checked.

Hope you all have a great day!

·
Administrator
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,709 ·
SmittyJ, like Churchill said just keep buggering on.

Had a Bobcat go cruising through the yard last night. He walked between the deck off the kitchen and a retaining wall a space of about 4' and across the lawn. Pretty unusual to seem them up here especially in this part of the state. He looked healthy and well fed. Expect I'll be seeing signs on telephone poles with "Have you seen my cat Fluffy, reward" posted.

The heat wave here broke last night and I'll take advantage of it today and get another 75'-80' of driveway sealed. With temps either side of 80 and lower humidity it won't feel like stepping into an oven.

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
Good morning folks! Hip is doing better, drugs I suppose, along with PT, finally getting on with a few projects, like getting parts to get the air induction back to OEM on the pickup. Needed an 8" rubber flex connector, $95 from Ford, $25 from local wrecking yard, going to check it out this morning. Going to try one more option first, going to try to find a PVC 45* elbow for an air pickup scoop, the OEM is a 2" piece that goes into the fender well. Looking at K&N specs, there is very little difference between their OEM element replacement and their complete system replacement other than an extra $300.

Picked up a 2" belt loop for my Safariland 576GLS for the P320C, totally flat compared the 1-1/2" that came with it. I tried to order the 577 that came with both originally but out of stock at the time. $10 from Amazon wasn't bad. Anyway, being flat, it hugs the body much better and with a 15* cant, it conceals vert well. Now, to get the Wilson Combat grip module I ordered, when ever they get them in stock.

Stopped at a garage sale Friday and picked up a new Craftsman air compressor for $50 so life is good since both of mine died and I had to resort to a 12 volt one.

Hope you all have a great day, and be safe!

Reactions: gunjunkie

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
Good morning folks! I think I am wishing today that I hadn't sold my Mini 14 and the few thousand round of ammo. May have to stock up on some more 7.62 for my Scout rifle. Oh, and not watch any more news!
You all have a great day!

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
Good morning folks!
PT Sucks!
That's all folks!
Have a great day!

·
Administrator
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,713 ·
Stick with it my friend it will pay off. Trust me on that one.

Henri is headed our way but will just be rain and a little wind when it gets up here. Got a family get together tomorrow but looks like it will be a wet gathering.

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
Stick with it my friend it will pay off. Trust me on that one.

Henri is headed our way but will just be rain and a little wind when it gets up here. Got a family get together tomorrow but looks like it will be a wet gathering.
Oh, I am! Be safe!

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
Good morning folks! Back to mandatory masks and vaccinations for our lovely State, got a lot of pissed off folks out west! Gov Biden, oops, Inslee is about to tared and feathered.
Have a great day folks!

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Watch ammo prices go back up......just as they were beginning to come down.

·
Administrator
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,717 ·
I suspect they will ship to another country and relabel it as from there. This is the absolute worst administration in the history of our country. They lie like a rug and are worse than useless.

·
Administrator
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,718 ·
The statewide newspaper published my letter today:

At this writing there are 10-15 thousand Americans trapped in Afghanistan and the President and his advisors are telling them the US Government can’t guarantee their safety and to get themselves to the Kabul airport. So a man that ran for President from his basement now wants our troops to remain at the airport and US citizens are to get there any way they can. The Taliban have set up check points and our citizens are at their mercy. Who are the Taliban? They are nothing more than a terrorist drug cartel that we have been at war with for 20 years and the Biden Administration is relying on their good faith to allow our citizens to pass. These are the same people that recently shot a woman dead because she wasn’t wearing a burka. The level of incompetence of this administration is absolutely disgraceful and the silence from our Senators and Representatives is disgusting. Who are you representing? We need a President that will go in and get our citizens out and do so with enough force to insure their safety. If this President won’t defend our citizens then he should be constitutionally removed from office.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
Your letter nailed it.
I was surprised they published it, but it does look like many on the left are coming around, at least on the Afghanistan debacle.
And it's getting worse this evening. The State Department has notified Americans in Afghanistan not to go to the Airport now, as it's not safe. They directed them to return home, and if they needed assistance to check with local authorities.

What local authorities, the Taliban.

·
Administrator
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,720 ·
He is going to pull and leave Americans behind. Then they will be hostages. Biden will then recognize the Taliban and send them billions and the Americans still alive will be allowed to leave.

Biden's wish not to get people hurt............................just got people killed with the two terrorist attacks today.

2701 - 2720 of 2742 Posts