Gunner Forum banner
2721 - 2740 of 2742 Posts

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
We already gave them billions in gear, yet pay them cash ransoms for hostages? The people should have been gotten out before any troops left.

As far as the gear, if it simply could not be taken back, it should have been rendered useless, destroyed, or booby trapped. I can picture a Taliban grinning as he climbs into a Humvee, hits the starter, and KABOOM......payback for the IEDS they found so useful. We could have planted a scattering of landmines as well. Just a few here, a few there, would have kept them afraid to move.

At least the attack today was possibly unsuccessful, by one report. One bomber apparently tried to get through the gate and into the crowd, but blew himself up at the gate by mistake. The other was a nearby hotel bomber that went boom in a parking lot, not the building.

·
Administrator
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,722 ·
They are saying just one bomber that killed the 13 US soldiers and injured 37 more. The feckless old fool in the White House has their blood on his hands and he could care less. As long as China keeps send his stipends then he is happy.

·
Administrator
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,723 ·
Did you ever think about the plants we eat and how early man figured out which ones were edible? Like mushrooms, caveman must have thought this one goes good with cooked with woolly mammoth, this one killed Neanderthal Ned and with this one you talk with the gods for a week.

·
Administrator
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,724 ·
The Cam Newton experiment ended today with the Patriots as they outright released him. Looks like the rookie Mac Jones will be their QB. Should be an interesting year.

·
Administrator
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,725 ·
If you google the greatest novel ever written Tolstoy's "Anna Karenina" will come up and is often #1. I decided several years ago to read it but have put it off until I finally decided to do so this year and started it last month. I read every night before bed to calm my mind before sleep. I didn't know what to expect but I actually got into it and finished last night. One of the quotes from it even though Tolstoy wrote it in the 1870's about the media (newspapers back then) is spot on about how the media adopts the same mantra:

"It's the newspapers that say the same thing, said the Prince. That's true. And it's so much the same it's like frogs before a thunderstorm. You can't hear anything on account of them."

Essentially saying they don't report the truth but cover it up and end discourse by drowning it out.

Now was it the greatest novel ever, I am not qualified to judge but it is a great work of literature.

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
If you google the greatest novel ever written Tolstoy's "Anna Karenina" will come up and is often #1. I decided several years ago to read it but have put it off until I finally decided to do so this year and started it last month. I read every night before bed to calm my mind before sleep. I didn't know what to expect but I actually got into it and finished last night. One of the quotes from it even though Tolstoy wrote it in the 1870's about the media (newspapers back then) is spot on about how the media adopts the same mantra:

"It's the newspapers that say the same thing, said the Prince. That's true. And it's so much the same it's like frogs before a thunderstorm. You can't hear anything on account of them."

Essentially saying they don't report the truth but cover it up and end discourse by drowning it out.

Now was it the greatest novel ever, I am not qualified to judge but it is a great work of literature.
After I watch the news, if I watch the news, I watch old Cops episodes to calm down.

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
Good morning folks! Hope you folks in the South and East are safe and well!
Still SOSDD on our little slice of North Bay, no rain yet. Our Gov has seen fit to force masks and vax on everyone so come Oct. 18 we could have a massive 20 to 30% layoff of State and local Gov employees. Mayor Durken figures everyone will comply, could be interesting.
Finally got my MRI appointment, next week, lol, with follow-up in November! WOW!
Still waiting for my Wilson Combat P320C grip module, might be lucky and get it this year!

Hope you all be safe and well!

·
Administrator
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,728 ·
Great day here yesterday with full sun and temps in the 70's and low humidity. I spread 3 more pails of sealer and then got the 100' tape out and measured what was left. It's 122' so figuring 6 pails which looking at the weather I'll do Fri and Sat and be done with it. Cloudy here today maybe rain late into tomorrow AM. You all enjoy the rest of the weekend.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
The edge of Ida just grazed us, lots of drizzle but nothing heavy. Now we have to see what Larry will do......

·
Administrator
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,730 ·
Weather has changed for today with bright sun and looking like a great day. Got some outdoor projects to get done after I do my 4 miles.

·
Administrator
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,731 ·
Had 7 new user join last night. They were from Morocco, India, Pakistan and South Africa. What a diverse group we are. :rolleyes: They were all spam cleaned.

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
Terry, how did your Florida place fare?

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
Good morning folks! We are almost in Lock Down again, GAWD this State SUCKS! The NEWS gives out talking points then contradicts itself with actual stats and they don't even flinch! Harborview ICUs are maxed out because of Covid (13% Covid cases) a state wide panic because we are at max occupancy (32% Covid stated wide yesterday), 400% increase in Covid cases over last year caused by 30% of the population but we averaged 82 case a day for the last 5 months compared to 3000 a day last year! Schools opened this week, I guess we'll see how long that lasts!
State and local employees have until 10/18 to be fully vaxed and they are balking so we could see a 20 wholesale firing, quite a game of chicken, we'll see who flinches!

Well, off my soap box! Hope you are all well and have a great day!

PS: Still on hold with Wilson Combat, could opt for black but want tan, like the two tone. Would really like FDE like original but they don't offer it. Still don't have an OWB holster for the Shield + either, time to go shopping!

·
Administrator
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,734 ·
Terry, how did your Florida place fare?
No issue. I could see it was windy on the camera but didn't hurt anything. Have a lady we pay to do walk thru's every week and she went thru afterwards and no problem.

·
Administrator
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,735 ·
I saw a report that said hospitalizations from Covid are higher now than a year ago. Guess it proves everything Biden touches turns to manure.

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
I saw a report that said hospitalizations from Covid are higher now than a year ago. Guess it proves everything Biden touches turns to manure.
That's what I have been hearing hear! Numbers like 400% higher, But, coming from only 20 to 30% of the population by their own numbers! In WA. we averaged 82 new cases a the last 5 months, last year it was 3000! Now, how is that a 400% "increase"?
I watched our local news readers reading their given talking points, then one of their investigators gave actual contradictory numbers and they just sat there and never said a word, what a farce!

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
Good morning folks! MRI today, wifie is on the phone already straightening out the co-pay, Doc's want $250, Ins. says $150.
Finally had a little rain this weekend, very little, but al least some. The East side got quite a bit so that was good for the fires.
Hope you are all safe and well!

·
Administrator
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,739 ·
Hopefully the MRI won't show much that can't be fixed with a little PT.

Nice cool morning and a sunny day with high either side of 70 here today and we have hot an humid weather on the way for tomorrow which is the first day of bow season. :mad:

I bought 7 pails of driveway sealer last Friday and put them on this weekend. I came up short with a section of about 3' by 5' unfinished. I bought another pail yesterday and I will finish when we get some decent weather with no rain. I marked several places that I missed patches or just need additional sealer so should finish up the pail with those.

Got my ole pharts flu shot yesterday as I do every year. Walgreens had it so went there. Usually go to my Dr.'s office and get it there but they are pretty much a mass of confusion so made the decision to change my primary care practice. The Dr. I had for 20 years decided he preferred being on his sail boat rather than checking out people like me. As a result the practice is trying to absorb his patients rather than hiring a new Dr. Time to go.

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
Good morning folks! Well, turns out the facility where my Doc is, closest to my house, 12 mi., has "two" open sided MRI machines. Wasn't even told of the option! Did not want to go to Tacoma, 30 mi. or Gig Harbor, 25 mi. so chose Silverdale, newest facility and where the surgery center is at 20 mi.. Friday they called and changed me to Bremerton, 16 mi.. Now after trying to stuff my 280# body in a 150# machine for 20 minutes which was not fun, we got done and the lady suggested I request any of the others and this was the smallest machine on the peninsula, 26". GRRRR! The one I had requested, un-beknownst to me, was 48". Scrunched the cwap out of my bad shoulder, arms straight over my head, trying to squeeze me into the machine. It's a good thing they were scanning my lower back and not my upper. I've got to say, communication with the various Docs and facilities has been a real cluster! Must be time to buy a new gun!!

You all have a great day!

2721 - 2740 of 2742 Posts