Gunner Forum banner
2761 - 2780 of 2801 Posts

·
Administrator
11,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,761 ·
Just finished the final season of Goliath on Amazon and it was an excellent watch. If you haven't seen Goliath then all 4 seasons are on Amazon Prime and Billy Bob Thornton does a great job with the character.

·
Registered
11,232 Posts
Good morning folks! Gees, it's already Thursday, guess I need to get back to my morning computer time to see what you folks are up to.
Windy and wet out West this week so far, but we needed it. The State opened the forests so the hunters are happy!
Got my 1791 holster for the Shield Plus, they are well worth the money, very rugged and a little over kill for the little Shield but it should surely take a beating. Pictures soon. Now, to just find a couple spare 13 round mags and get the Wilson grip module for my P320C. and the wait continues!
So far the City,County and State are waffling on the Vax mandate, extending but not dropping the requirement. We have the vax card but I'll be damned if I'll show it to go somewhere to eat or shop.
Hope you are all doing well, and be safe!

·
Registered
11,232 Posts
Good morning folks! Happy Saturday!
Had to go shopping yesterday, early prep for the coming onslot of little gremlins and goblins. After the initial zip-lock bag gun fitting for the new holster, I've been wearing it to break it in. This will be my daily carry from now on with my IWB for discrete places. I'll probably have to switch off with my P320C just for fun once and a while. :) Out doors, Camping, Hiking and such I'm still going with something bigger / heavier, don't think the little guy would be much fun firing Buffalo Bore Outdoorsman ammo.
Now that I am back in the gun tinkering mode, and still waiting on Wilson Combat, I have decided to research a medium large loop lever for my 1895G, I think that would compliment some Skinner sights. I've never been one to modify guns so starting with the P320 this is new ground for me, other than adding night sites or scopes. LOL
Hope you are all doing well, have a great day!

·
Registered
11,232 Posts
Good morning folks! Happy Monday!

·
Administrator
11,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,765 ·
Been cloudy and gray here since last week. Rained the last 2 days. Looks like we have a stretch of good weather headed this way starting later today into the weekend. May even get back into the 70's. We have less than 5 weeks until we head south. Where did the summer go to?

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Your summer went on driveway sealing......;)

Low seventies here. Our pattern has been alternating wet and dry weeks. We've had rain the last two days, with four more forecasted. The gaps are too short. Hard to get my dog out where he doesn't get soaked. My yard will soon be a jungle but right now I don't care. I did mow the dog pen Friday. About 20 X 40.

·
Registered
11,232 Posts
Good morning folks! Happy Thursday!
Well, just got off the phone with Wilson Combat and changed my grip module for Tan to Black. I like the Black slide over FDE grip but don't think I would care for the Tan combo, besides still being on back order. Also found out, I have a first gen P320C and need second gen mags so ordered new base plates from them as well, should be here next week! Oh, and because of my cross country trip, Cabela's blocked my charge card, Arkansas you know. LOL
Hope you all have a great day, and stay safe!

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Those colors sound good. You've spent so much time and effort, it ought to shoot 1/2 inch at 50 yards....

• Haha
Reactions: SmittyJ

·
Registered
11,232 Posts
Those colors sound good. You've spent so much time and effort, it ought to shoot 1/2 inch at 50 yards....
Ya know, I've always had to adjust / practice when switching to the 320 from either my M&P or my M11-A1, I'm hoping this will even them out, All three feel the same but I obviously hold the 320 a little different, the Wilson grip is supposed to be a little higher. Time, and $100, will tell! LOL Cheaper than a new gun!

·
Registered
11,232 Posts
Good morning folks and Happy Sunday! I mentioned a while ago I was on a couple of notification waiting lists for Shield Plus 13 round mags. Well, didn't realize one of those was Academy Sports but was pleasantly surprised Friday when I got an e-mail they had stock and at OEM pricing! S&W @ $31.98 instead of the $41 every one else seems to be wanting. Sipped Saturday! Wasn't greedy, only bought two. Wilson shipped Thursday so next week should be Christmas, LOL. Next, plan a range trip, got some shooting to do! Wednesday we meet the Neurosurgery Doc In Tacoma and we plan on checking out a new range in So Tacoma and take their safety class so we can use the facility, looks pretty nice.

You all have a great day and be safe!

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Nothing wrong being greedy with magazines. Especially if they are harder to get, like yours. My minimum is six per gun.

·
Registered
11,232 Posts
Nothing wrong being greedy with magazines. Especially if they are harder to get, like yours. My minimum is six per gun.
Mine has always been 3 for carry. With the redundancy the wife and I have with our M&Ps and Shields it's 8 or 10 or so. Got to pick up some more for my Sigs. Since I standardized on caliber, I'm really low on ammo also. I have always tried for 1000 rounds per and I am certainly a little shy now.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
I don't carry six mags......:rolleyes:.......just one. I have seven for my 10/22, and ended up with eight for my Guardians. Had a couple of minor issues, where they sent me 2 free ones as "apologies".......:)

Reactions: SmittyJ

·
Administrator
11,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,774 ·
I generally have 4 per handgun, some less. I'd rather have a Brooklyn reload at home and for carry I generally have 1 extra mag. For years I carried a 5 shot revolver and called it good.

·
Administrator
11,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,775 ·
My truck was down to a quarter of a tank so filled it up today. Eighty bucks of diesel went into the tank. Could have squeezed another $4-5 more if I wanted to.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
That pump price ain't gettin' any lower. My usual station regular has went from $2.95 to $3.10 in less than two weeks. Glad my little car averages 28 mpg running around town, 36 interstate. With a 12 gallon tank that's $37 from bone dry. When I bought the car I could fill it for a twenty.

·
Registered
11,232 Posts
That pump price ain't gettin' any lower. My usual station regular has went from $2.95 to $3.10 in less than two weeks. Glad my little car averages 28 mpg running around town, 36 interstate. With a 12 gallon tank that's $37 from bone dry. When I bought the car I could fill it for a twenty.
We're $4.07 most places, $3.68 at Costco.

·
Registered
11,232 Posts
Good morning folks! Well, my simple morning project did not go so well. Switched grip modules on the P320C, simple process, very tight fit, would not fire. Talked to tech support and relieved some tight spots but must have messed up the fire control unit because also can not fully insert mags. Reassembled as original. same problem, nuts! Off to the gun smith! GRRR!

Have a great day!

·
Administrator
11,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,780 · (Edited)
Did you change the Mag catch assembly and spring when you changed the grip module? If so did it "click" into the Mag catch stop when you replaced it?

2761 - 2780 of 2801 Posts