Gunner Forum banner
2821 - 2840 of 2850 Posts

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
Had a 5 pointer come out this morning at 7:15 and he stood with his heart lung area behind a big tree and looked at me. I had the gun up already and had plenty of neck for the 50 yard muzzleloader shot and he went straight down. I put out scent bombs a few days ago and that got him curious. Not a monster as he dressed out 110# on the butchers scale but he was fat and should be good eating.

The flooring guys finished today and they did an excellent job. A cleaning with the vinyl floor cleaner tomorrow and then we bring all the stuff back up stairs they we got off the floor and brought in downstairs.

I have to change the oil in the tractor, lawnmower and truck and winterize a couple other things then it's time to get ready to leave. Looks like good weather all weeks and sure hope it holds for a wile longer.
Congratulations! Meat in the freezer!

·
Administrator
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,822 ·
Butcher called today and so he is in the freezer now. Just have to change the oil in the tractor and then in ready to leave mode. Looks like we will be able to leave Sunday and should be in Carrabelle Wednesday.

Hey BC is the Green Goat still operating? May do a take out for our dinner on Monday.

·
Administrator
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,824 ·
Thanks. Didn't know if you had driven by lately which is why I asked.

Saw a Bobcat come up the driveway this morning at 6:30 and he was hobbling on 3 legs. Held up his right rear leg and wouldn't put any pressure at all on it. I called fish and game and they couldn't do much. I guess when you think about it who wants to dance with a full grown bobcat even if he is hurt. Too bad as anything that hunts mice is my friend and welcome on my property.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
No longer driving the bus, I haven't been that way for what, 6 weeks? I'd just assume they are still going since the website is up.

Nice thought about the Bobcat. Seems F&G could have maybe tranquilized him and done something? At least seen if the injury was something that would heal? I guess they know best.

I found a mouse in the dog's pen last week. Dog was poking at it, dancing around. I got mouse under my foot and squashed him for a solid five minutes. I already had a mouse issue in my basement early last year, where I killed five in the space of two weeks, then the traps stayed empty.

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
Good morning folks! Snow has finally hit the mountains. Not looking good for a missing Elk hunter from Seattle, Asst Fire Chief. Teams from four counties, 9 dog teams, 6 days now. Sorry to say, but I'm thinking recovery now. He was a very experienced hunter..
Finally got my guns cleaned, lubed and oiled and back to security mode. Thinking about selling my extra S&W Shield and adding night sites and Apex triggers to our M&P9s, They are our House, Range, Camping guns, but are also backup carry guns at times.

You all have a great day, and stay safe!

Reactions: bearcatter

·
Administrator
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,827 ·
Our plans got changed this afternoon. My wife has dental surgery scheduled for Thursday, she had an appointment this afternoon on something picked up at her 6 month check up and the Oral Surgeon says he needs to clean out around an implant and then she'll need two weeks to heal. We'll head out the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I hope the weather cooperates for you. On occasion we get light snow around Thanksgiving, but not every year. Late December is more often our first snow. With current crazy weather, I don't trust past history...... :(

I know NH snow is iffy, and now they claim a shortage of plow drivers, especially up your way.....o_O

·
Administrator
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,829 ·
The car is all wheel drive and I slow down on wet and snowy roads. Snow doesn't bother me driving in it but you have to watch out for the other morons on the road. When I used to commute in a snowstorm I would kick in the 4WD and depending on how bad the conditions travel in the right lane at 40-55 MPH on the highway. The truck I had then was stable and I never had issues. In 2 WD in snow it was a beached whale but once in 4 WD it was excellent.

Ice now that scares me.

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
Good morning folks! Shades of the Mid-West here yesterday, we had Tornado warnings, crazy for the PNW! Thunder, Hail and a couple funnel clouds but missed our little slice of heaven, well, all except the thunder.

Off to the Dentist in a couple of hours and finally got the spine shots scheduled for the end of the month, one the 18th and the nerve one on the 30th, guess we'll see what works finally.

You all have a great day!

·
Administrator
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,831 ·
My wife had had the surgery and seems to be doing fine. Some facial swelling but said she doesn't need any Tylenol this afternoon so a good sign.

Rain coming in tomorrow and should clear out Saturday and turn cold. High's 40's and lows 20's here and colder up north. Don't really relish the idea of leaving the Sunday after Thanksgiving but don't want to wait any longer. When we get closer I'll keep watch of the weather. Thinking about changing the Roanoke reservation to Emporia, VA as we don't have to go thru the mountains in NC that way. It's often snowing there in early November.

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
Good morning folks! Sounds like we have the same weather Terry!
Getting my first pain shot Thursday, a muscle relaxer, then off to Okanogan for a Celebration Of Life for ex son-in-law who just passed from Covid, don't know if he had any other health issues but waited too long to seek help. Snow level is going to be at 2500' and we have 3 mountain passes so should be interesting. The Durango is well setup fr snow travel but I like the visibility the F150 gives me so I think this will be a truck trip. Who knows, might even swing by the North Star Ranch and see if The Alaska Bush People are in, LOL!
Oh, by the way, the Seahawks sucked yesterday, but the did hold the Pack to just 17 points.

Have a great day, and stay safe!

·
Administrator
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,833 ·
Have had the leaf blower back out the last 3 days and I put it to bed again today. That's it the leaves still on the trees are 2022's problem. Typical November weather up here cloudy, some rain and cold.

Pat's looked good yesterday from what I can tell (leaf blower) with a big win over the Browns. The defense is really coming around and Mac Jones is really starting to shine as a NFL QB. He has gotten a lot smarter and doesn't try to force the ball in to a covered receiver. If he can stay healthy he has a big future ahead of him.

Looks like Brady got beat yesterday by the Washington Wokes.

·
Administrator
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,834 ·
Just 88 short days until pitchers and catchers report. :)

All haircuts up here now are by appointment and had one at 8:20 this morning. I went out to get in my truck and the windshield was covered with frost so went back inside and took my wife's car. No frost in the garage. Got a two car garage but the 1 ton won't fit in it. I put it in the barn when we head south, disconnect the batteries and add a diesel anti-gel for the last fill up. It quite a process with the barn. The Lance Camper sits in the middle as far back as I dare to put it, then the tractor goes on the right side and the truck threads in on the left. I'm out of the truck and back inside a few times when I put it in the barn just to make sure I don't hit anything. All part of "the process".

·
Administrator
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,836 ·
Kind of a grey November day to start with some rain last night. Supposed to clear off and be in the low 50's and then rain tomorrow and Tuesday the bottom falls out of the thermometer with fairly strong winds. Right now it looks like a clear day Sunday to travel so dry roads would be nice.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Our Thanksgiving forecast is 62, with low fifties on either side. Was 28 last night.

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
Good morning folks! Was a busy weekend, started by leaving right from the Doc Thursday because the granddaughters planed a BBQ at the cabin 45 miles in the mountains from Omak. We got over the three mountain passes before the snow hit but driving north along the Columbia River was no fun in the dark in a snow storm! Had a great time seeing family and friends but sad circumstances.
Oh, and my muscle relaxer shot? That turned into 7 shots, I felt like a pin cushion! and my legs like rubber, needless to say, I didn't do a lot of walking.

Glad to hear Rittenhouse was found Not Guilty on all charges. Unfortunately we only had three cartoon channels, one of which was CNN and Chris Cuomo made me sick. Now, maybe, they ought to think about disbarment of the prosecutor!

Hope you all have a great day, and stay safe!

Reactions: bearcatter

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Or how about prosecuting the guy that was chasing Rittenhouse and pulled a gun on him. Just because he lost a little muscle in his arm doesn't mean he isn't guilty.
Especially since he was a Felon in possession.

That sure was a big ol hole though. It surprised me what a 1/4" projectile did.

2821 - 2840 of 2850 Posts