2841 - 2850 of 2850 Posts

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Reactions: bearcatter

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
Good morning folks, happy hump day! Went out Christmas Tree hunting yesterday. We live in tree farm country so we were out early. It was an all day project, location, cutting it down, getting it put up then stringing the lights, WHEW!. We got that done by four. Well actually, we went to ACE, were home and had it out of the box and up by 10:30 but didn't plug it in until four! LOL! Good artificial trees aren't cheap. but it loos nice. Now the fun begins! Thanksgiving prep! It's going to be very quiet for us this year, just the two of us, first time ever, did the family thing last month.

You all have a great holiday!

Reactions: bearcatter

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Last several years, the wife and I just did Hungry Man turkey dinners...... :(

·
Administrator
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,845 ·
Well, we are delaying once again. I developed a burning in my stomach that has been persistent since Monday evening. I thought maybe I pulled a muscle but it kept coming back when I eat or drink. I managed to get in and see a Doc in the same practice that is my primary care Doc today. He said inflammation of the stomach lining or an ulcer and called in a scrip. He said it should heal in a week to 10 days so decided to delay another week. If it doesn't get better then the endoscope so hopefully this will take care of it and we can finally get on the road.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Any restriction on what you can eat ? In any case, I wish you a fast recovery. You can always have delayed turkey later on the delayed trip......

·
Administrator
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,847 ·
I'm one of a half dozen in the world that has poultry allergies. Causes asthma like symptoms so I don't eat it now. As a kid I always had ham at TG and then the allergies went away but now that I'm in my second childhood the allergies are back. Family is headed in different directions so we order take out dinners from a local restaurant and I ordered prime rib.

The doc didn't give me any restrictions. Guess he figured I had sense enough to figure it out. Like the old joke
Patient: Dr Dr it hurts when I do dis.
DR: Don't do dat.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Good for you ! That prime rib sounds better than turkey.
We used to go to a buffet where you could get seconds on everything but the entree. On Thanksgiving they had a choice of turkey, meatloaf, or chicken tenders. I usually did meatloaf. They did have great stuffing. The place is gone now, supposedly because the China virus scared off the staff..... :(

·
Administrator
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,849 ·
If I go to a family gathering, I will have a small slice of turkey and a small portion of everything else, except mashed potatoes which couldn't be referred to as small. I am of Irish decent after all. :) My SIL always makes cheesecake and that portion isn't small either. I guess that one is an acquired taste. ;)

·
Administrator
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,850 ·
Wow we are getting up to 40 tomorrow. Went to the store this afternoon and it was 34. Walked earlier and it was cold with enough wind to make it nasty. Had to get some exercise so it was like hitting yourself in the head with a hammer it felt good so good when I stopped.

2841 - 2850 of 2850 Posts