Gunner Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is something that my brother inlaw got into. This has a Toyota Tacoma frame, 4 cyl motor, 5 spead, tilt, power steering, seats etc, but the outside skin is Jeep :) So he had just come by tonight, and I shot these pics of his project that he has been working on.... not a bad deal for the money invested.... I won't make you choke yet by telling you how cheap it has been. This will sure be a nice hunting rig this next season :lol:

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Again reminds me of Johnny Cash------"and the title weighed 20 pounds" :lol: :lol:

seriously, the price is right and it ought to get the job done...............

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
All I wanna know is does the heater and the radio work?!!!!

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No radio yet.... But when exploring Montana you don't need no stinking radio :lol: But yes, the heater does work and has an excellent blower, but can't keep it in .... duh :roll:

The doors will be fabricated, along with windows etc.....

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
May I recommend American Craftsman from Home Depot...excellent insulating qualities..you ain't really gonna go out in that thing in Montana winter, now, are you???

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
That's pretty cool. Looks like something my brother would build. :D

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Toyota Tacoma was a complete roll over smash up where the engine was still running tops, the dash and instraments were very salvagable, seats etc very good condition. So the top of the Takoma was removed. The body mid section, grill and hood were from another salvage and the roll bar was fabricated. The paint was left over John Deer color from painting a farm tractor that his employer gave him.

Total money shelled out in this project so far is only $1,500.00 :shock:

Yes, this will make an excellent hunting rig.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will have to go out to the farm and take some more pictures of just how Joe is doing on his Jeeyota. :lol:

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Never work, JB, ain't got no CB antenna....got to have a Cobra....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts