Gunner Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey how about some theme Muzac on here when we log on? I vote for the theme from Hawii Five-O! :D

Book'm Danno!!!!

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
theme from gunsmoke
except for the kitchen-------theme from dukes of hazzard......... :D

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Bountyhunter said:
:| ------> :? ------> :) ------> :D ------> :lol:

DITTO

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
A License to kill

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
So, am I invited over for a turkey dinner with all the trimmings?

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Natalie said:
So, am I invited over for a turkey dinner with all the trimmings?

Yep you bring the turkey and the trimmings, I'll supply the plates :p

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've got a huge turkey in my freezer! Ya'll book your flights & let me know when to set the table. My Mom makes the best Cornbread dressing you ever wrapped a lip around! :p

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Yup...he was a bit sarcastic, but you never wondered where he stood...good part...it was he who taught me the value of a backup...good lesson learned young....

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Deadeye said:
I've got a huge turkey in my freezer! Ya'll book your flights & let me know when to set the table. My Mom makes the best Cornbread dressing you ever wrapped a lip around! :p
Wouldn't that be fun!! Blackberry cobbler too? Your mother is a good cook isn't she. That cobbler looked picture perfect. My mom was a good cook too. I've never tasted cornbread dressing. She wouldn't by any chance want to share her recipe with me and Wizard would she? Circle one: YES YES

Ya know Deadeye, you've really got it made in the shade!!!

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Homemade dressing:

1 12" skillet full of baked cornbread...non-self rising
1 bag Pepperidge farm stuffing (I use the seasoned)
2 cups boiled chicken gizzards diced
1 cup boiled chicken livers diced
3 cups boiled onions and celery - diced
5 boiled eggs diced
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celerey soup
1 - 2 qts. chicken stock
1/2 cup rubbed sage
1 tbs salt
1 tbs pepper

Crumble cornbread.
Mix everything together...save the chicken stock till last. Add chicken stock as needed the mixture should be very moist, but not too soupy. But ingredients into blue speckled oval baking pan (you know, the old fashioned kind you find in a mom & pop general store).

Back for approx. 40min. The very edges should be almost crisp. Do not overbake...it will dry your dressing out.

Serve covered with giblet gravy.....turkey and cranberry sauce make a good compliment to dressing.....

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Thank you Wizard! I printed it out for my personal dining pleasure.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Natalie, my Grandmother taught me how to make dressing. Made me watch for 10 years before she would let me do it by myself.....I like more sage, but the rest of my family doesn't...so, depending on how you like sage, you should vary that amt. to your taste.

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
I like it alot. I'll adjust according to taste. (Martha Stewart taught me that).

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Natalie Mom said she really doesn't follow a recipe but she would write down the ingrediants & give them to me next weekend. She also said that useing boxed stuffing was cheating. Shame on you Wizard!!! :p :p :p

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Cheatin'....yea, it is, but it tastes real good..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BTW: that Pepperidge Farm Stuffing is the one on the bread isle in the plastic bag...NOT the boxed mix.....you know, it's the crouton looking stuff.....

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Deadeye said:
Natalie Mom said she really doesn't follow a recipe but she would write down the ingrediants & give them to me next weekend. She also said that useing boxed stuffing was cheating. Shame on you Wizard!!! :p :p :p

Thanks, you're such a nice guy even though you don't want anyone to know. You and Mattie been busy? Haven't heard much from your corner of the world.

P.S. I did really like your pictures. Can see why it's your happiness place.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts