Gunner Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
Tactical Prius
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the site. I like keeping about 3 forum's that I follow and participate in. I deleted a site because I thought this one would be fun but for it to be fun, you have to have people participating and responding. Perhaps my post are just not of interest and that's ok.
Anyway, I'll keep the site listed on my bookmarks and maybe come back later to see if it's got more active. If not, I'll just delete the account and move on to another place.
If this causes any issues, I thought I'd just be honest. If it gets me banned, I accept it and still hope the site gets huge and very active.

Thanks for letting me in. I hope I'm back soon

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I've fussed at everybody to post more. I've even posted things out of the blue, some long-winded stuff, just to post. You will be missed.

·
Administrator
11,217 Posts
I really like the site. I like keeping about 3 forum's that I follow and participate in. I deleted a site because I thought this one would be fun but for it to be fun, you have to have people participating and responding. Perhaps my post are just not of interest and that's ok.
Anyway, I'll keep the site listed on my bookmarks and maybe come back later to see if it's got more active. If not, I'll just delete the account and move on to another place.
If this causes any issues, I thought I'd just be honest. If it gets me banned, I accept it and still hope the site gets huge and very active.

Thanks for letting me in. I hope I'm back soon
The forum has an interesting history. It was formed out of discontent on another forum and the guy that started the forum took many away from the other forum. After a few years this forum was bought by a user named Lash who intern sold it to Forum Foundry who sold it to the current owner Vertical Scope. Many of the original members no longer participate (just a couple of us) so we are rebuilding but not even in the top 600 forums owned by VS so not heavily promoted. I tried to get a little more promotion behind the scenes and we are getting new users as people can join and sign in with google one click.

You won't be banned here for being honest. I would prefer if you would stick around as there is no real downside to you by doing so. I would listen to any ideas you or anyone has to grow the forum. I am the local Admin on Ruger Forum as well and asked if VS could promoted GF there. Apparently the recommended communities are chosen by a bot so hasn't happened.

·
Super Moderator
4,325 Posts
I am not as active here as I was back when TGR, Machinist, 303, NCG, Beerman, James, Sightngrl and some of our other “old” friends dropped in regularly. They have either moved on or in some cases passed on.
But I do drop in because the small group that we have is made up of good people who are not here because they need an ego boost. They don’t come across as if they are looking for how many people they don’t really know to respond to their latest personal issue.
I look forward to hearing from all of our active members who are willing to share what ever they want to. Road trips, range reports, home repairs, experience with hunting, etc. I am even interested in recipes…..including anything involving blue icing…or is it frosting?
I think some people spend too much time online expecting instant gratification. They may find it in some groups because they tend to spend time in groups that feed their ego. So when they find that the new group they joined doesn’t hit the like button as soon as they post their latest personal "wow look at me" moment they want to announce that they are leaving because the group doesn’t support them as they expected.
I personally respect that this is a small group of members who can discuss just about any subject without crossing lines of respect.
I would like to see the group membership grow but I don’t want to see it grow into a place that I wouldn’t want to spend time.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I especially like your last line. I like the time I spend here. It always makes me shake my head, or at least grin. These recent times, I don't care who writes what, it's all enjoyed. You guys here, and the NAA forum, are the only people I've 'talked' to since Sunday at the grocery store. My dog Rupert listens to every word, but he's not much on saying what he thinks.... :) ....

·
Super Moderator
4,325 Posts
I especially like your last line. I like the time I spend here. It always makes me shake my head, or at least grin. These recent times, I don't care who writes what, it's all enjoyed. You guys here, and the NAA forum, are the only people I've 'talked' to since Sunday at the grocery store. My dog Rupert listens to every word, but he's not much on saying what he thinks.... :) ....
Rupert has the advantage of being able to leave a special gift on the kitchen floor for you. We can’t give you anything as personal.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
:LOL:....The only boo-boo he's ever done was with over a foot of show outside, and I hadn't shoveled him a spot yet. So, he left a pile right at the back door, close as he could get to doing right. There's a 10 X 30 pen he goes right into. He's the best dog I've ever had, I've never had to scold him for anything.

Reactions: gunjunkie

·
Administrator
11,217 Posts
I am not as active here as I was back when TGR, Machinist, 303, NCG, Beerman, James, Sightngrl and some of our other “old” friends dropped in regularly. They have either moved on or in some cases passed on.
But I do drop in because the small group that we have is made up of good people who are not here because they need an ego boost. They don’t come across as if they are looking for how many people they don’t really know to respond to their latest personal issue.
I look forward to hearing from all of our active members who are willing to share what ever they want to. Road trips, range reports, home repairs, experience with hunting, etc. I am even interested in recipes…..including anything involving blue icing…or is it frosting?
I think some people spend too much time online expecting instant gratification. They may find it in some groups because they tend to spend time in groups that feed their ego. So when they find that the new group they joined doesn’t hit the like button as soon as they post their latest personal "wow look at me" moment they want to announce that they are leaving because the group doesn’t support them as they expected.
I personally respect that this is a small group of members who can discuss just about any subject without crossing lines of respect.
I would like to see the group membership grow but I don’t want to see it grow into a place that I wouldn’t want to spend time.
Nailed it.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
She is a treasure, isn't she. What would we do without her wit and wisdom ..... :rolleyes:

Reactions: gunjunkie

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
See ? ......Perfect example, spoken from experience ....... :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts