Gunner Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always had extra food and personal care products that are stored on shelves, but with shortages of products, mass rioting, and weather related issues, I've really enhanced what I stock up on and how I store part of it.

Over the last couple years I have dedicated 32qt flat totes with latching handles that I've labeled and stocked with extra products that can be thrown into a vehicle in moments. Even if I never leave in an emergency situation, they are all neat and organized for easy access for whatever I may need.

The totes are labeled:
Survival
Personal Care - toothbrushes, soap, razors etc
Housewares
Medicine
Medical
First Aid
Misc - this tote has additional info on the label to include some of the items in the tote
Batteries - including for firearm optics
Books - for reference incase the grid is down
Clothing - including gloves, bandanas etc

I hope this helps someone to get organized and figure out what they need to enhance their survival and comfort in a natural disaster or if you just need to flee your home for safety. You will not have to think of anything to grab, but just get the totes to your vehicle. There won't be any last second running to the store and trying to buy products that might not be there. I believe that in these types of situations, the more self sufficient you are the safer you are.

·
Administrator
11,119 Posts
I can't imagine something happening that would force me from my home. I have a standby generator that will keep us in business as long as we can get propane, a freezer full of venison, a 50# bag of oats and plenty of ammo and the components to make more. If I did have to leave then this is my bin:

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I find that by having products in totes, its easier to go to the items as you need them, and then replace with fresh items from the store during your next shopping trip. Also, nothing is tipping over on the shelves and you have many small products on hand that can't be stored very easily on shelves. Another advantage is that I can easily inventory what is in the totes from time to time and enhance my supplies.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I find that by having products in totes, its easier to go to the items as you need them, and then replace with fresh items from the store during your next shopping trip. Also, nothing is tipping over on the shelves and you have many small products on hand that can't be stored very easily on shelves. Another advantage is that I can easily inventory what is in the totes from time to time and enhance my supplies.
What supplies do you usually carry?

·
Premium Member
Tactical Prius
67 Posts
I have always had extra food and personal care products that are stored on shelves, but with shortages of products, mass rioting, and weather related issues, I've really enhanced what I stock up on and how I store part of it.

Over the last couple years I have dedicated 32qt flat totes with latching handles that I've labeled and stocked with extra products that can be thrown into a vehicle in moments. Even if I never leave in an emergency situation, they are all neat and organized for easy access for whatever I may need.

The totes are labeled:
Survival
Personal Care - toothbrushes, soap, razors etc
Housewares
Medicine
Medical
First Aid
Misc - this tote has additional info on the label to include some of the items in the tote
Batteries - including for firearm optics
Books - for reference incase the grid is down
Clothing - including gloves, bandanas etc

I hope this helps someone to get organized and figure out what they need to enhance their survival and comfort in a natural disaster or if you just need to flee your home for safety. You will not have to think of anything to grab, but just get the totes to your vehicle. There won't be any last second running to the store and trying to buy products that might not be there. I believe that in these types of situations, the more self sufficient you are the safer you are.
Thanks.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll get the list later today. I have a few labeled "survival" totes, so it'll take a bit of doiin. LOL

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok here we go, most everything has multiples and cross over from other totes. I didn't list everything, but you get the drift.

zip ties duct tape magnesium
chem lights fels-napa soap exotac
paracord knives first aid
batteries can openers drop clothes-plastic
life straws masks head net
personal care tarps emergency blanket
gloves smoke grenade compass
goggles binoculars map
purification tablets pill washclothes cottonballs/vaseline
dry bags flashlight hatchet
sewing awl/thread fishing supplies folding saw
matches writing pad waterproof/pen ziplock bags
bic lighters instafire tent
rain suits milatary cooking supplies
solar panel ferrus rods

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had nice neat columns, so I don't know why its scrunched together.....blonde moment.LOL

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
I read something years ago that said often overlooked survival items are scissors and nail clippers.

Reactions: Sightngrl
1 - 13 of 13 Posts