Gunner Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at some of my guns the other day, and realized that I have a couple of guns that when I look at them, I think, that is just too pretty to shoot. My main one is a 4" S&W 586. It took a long time for me to find the "right" one. The bluing is deep and rich, the wood grips are just right. I hold it, and decide to shoot my stainless 686 instead. This has been going on for over 7 years.

What is your "too pretty" to shoot gun, or am I just weird?

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
I had a nickel S&W 39, about 40 years ago. Checkered walnut grips. Had a two digit serial, I think 0003something. One of the prettier pistols.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
The prettiest revolver I ever bought was a Dan Wesson model 15.
Been shootin it for 40 years, and it's still the prettiest one.

·
Administrator
10,959 Posts
Mine are a Red Label 12 ga and the other is a Browning A Bolt in 257 Roberts. Both nicely finished wood stocks and deep blue. They haven't made it to the too pretty to shoot though.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
I think the majority of "pretty" guns are single action revolvers, and the older model bolt action rifles. My stainless Bearcats don't qualify as well as blued.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The prettiest revolver I ever bought was a Dan Wesson model 15.
Been shootin it for 40 years, and it's still the prettiest one.
Totally agree. A Dan Wesson 15 was my first revolver, and I sure do miss it. I was trying to find another revolver that had the same deep blue, and that is what I think of when I look at my 586.

·
Administrator
10,959 Posts
That is a beauty. For years my dad had an 03 Springfield that had been sporterized. It was a fine rifle and he took many whitetails with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts