Gunner Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
Tactical Prius
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wind was sweeping in Southern Oklahoma today but wanted to shoot my Henry anyway. Took it out to 100 yds with 20 gr vmax and 17 gr cci. I had a ball.
Wind at 100 was pushing a bit but most of it was me. May forget the scope and just go back to irons. I'll nickel plate myself and I don't intend to be shooting this for long distances and I'm good with irons.
Machine gun Air gun Trigger Shotgun Wood
Textile Rectangle Font Grey Line

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
That's pretty darn good shootin' there, but the Henry would look better without the scope. Levers just weren't meant to be scoped, IMHO.

·
Premium Member
Tactical Prius
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's pretty darn good shootin' there, but the Henry would look better without the scope. Levers just weren't meant to be scoped, IMHO.
I think you're right. I like irons but I'd go into long range shooting and put optics on most of my stuff. The .17 hmr bullet is a fast puppy. But being the weight it is, it will crawl a bit when you get in wind or past 100 yds. I can do well at 100 and I'll be playing with it at 500 for giggles against a gong. I do think I'll nickel plate the rear sight base and front sight. Continuing that look on the black barrel will be cool. Plus the rear sight is the new sight and not buckhorn and both are fiber optic (green rear/red front).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts