Gunner Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got him this morning just before noon. He had a 10" beard, 1" spurs and weighed 17.5# live weight. I set up on him and called him in after I heard him gobbling. I used my 870 Supermag with 3 1/2" #6 copper plated shot.

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
WOW! I'M IMPRESSED! You can count me in for dinner. Will be needing a map though Terry. :lol:
He's pretty ya know. a real comment from a girl.

·
Super Moderator
10,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Natalie said:
They really are as sunlight on the feathers brings out some of the many colors. Sometimes they look gold or puple or some even a green hue.

·
Super Moderator
10,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm home in Stratham. Got back 4/27.

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Terry_P said:
Natalie said:
They really are as sunlight on the feathers brings out some of the many colors. Sometimes they look gold or puple or some even a green hue.
We saw one in Eastern Ohio. He was big like this one and gorgeous as the sun was reflecting on his tail feathers. They looked kinda irredescent.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Terry_P said:
I'm home in Stratham. Got back 4/27.
Well that explains the bird. I thought maybe you just stopped off somewhere and popped one. :lol:

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
You talking to ME BH?

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Natalie said:
You talking to ME BH?

Nope. Terry. Unless you shot a turkey I don't know about. Then in that case, I'm still talking to Terry. :lol: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
10,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There are a lot of turkeys I would like to pop on the way home.

Lifetime NH hunting and fishing license so most hunting is here. Even with the LL all the extra tags still cost me $72 this year.

In Texas I hunt waterfowl and wild hogs but in between here and there I leave the guns cased up.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
I've always wanted to hunt hogs. I'd love to hunt them with my SBH. I think that would be a hoot! :D

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Congrats on the bird...wave a drumstick in memory of me...I'm dying for some wild turkey..better than steak!!!

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Bountyhunter said:
Natalie said:
You talking to ME BH?

Nope. Terry. Unless you shot a turkey I don't know about. Then in that case, I'm still talking to Terry. :lol: :lol:
Glad you cleared up my confusion. Doc says it's not terminal just chronic.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts