Gunner Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use a tennis ball cut in half and hang it on a thin rope for it to swing . I put a 3/4" hole in the center of the 1/2 ball for 2 reasons . Sometime a exact dead center hit with a ball bearing it bounces straight back at the shooter and the hole stops that . It wasn't a problem till I start hit it all the time . :-D :-D

That hole in the center allows me to shoot my pellet and BB gun at it with out changing targets . No paper targets needed anymore or bullet trap . I shoot offhand and if the 1/2 ball don't move I did good ..:-D :-D

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Be careful with those ball bearings. Ouch! Would standing off to the side at a slight angle help? Just a thought.

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Be careful with those ball bearings. Ouch! Would standing off to the side at a slight angle help? Just a thought.
The 1/2 tennis ball is the only thing I found out that holds up to those steel balls . Only a dead center hit was a problem [ 1 out of 50 ]. Every other hit on the 1/2 ball and it moves the out of the way and the ball bearing hit the back stop . So the hole work perfect so far . :) :)
All my steel targets on my range in Tn where angled down, plus angled it right or left for splatter to go in a safe direction .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts