Gunner Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts
Natalie said:
Rubber bullets? Can they be used over and over? What about a silencer - like they use in the movies?

Yes you can use them over again. Fun it is but it could cause problems with a CCW holder here in MI.

Speer had in the 70s a line of plastic/nylon bullets...fired by a SP primer...reloadable...I tried them and found poor accuracy...wax was as good...the key with wax is to ream out the primer hole larger...and paint the head of those shells so as not to reload with them....rubber bullets on the street is a recipe for a lawsuit bigtime....if they need shot...use a real bullet....not flechettes, not bbs on a rope...not roofing nails or dimes....a BULLET...or you ain't got a right to shoot them at all....too many fat lawyers as it is.....same with "warning shots"....and for a citizen or LEO to use a silencer on the street...kiss your life goodbye...every pinko paper in the world would be on you...plus the Feds...silencers are for wetwork...not us "normal" folks....

The rubber bullets I speak of are{ X-ring} for practice only and you need to open the primer hole so that the primer dose not back out and tie up the gun. If some one was to complain and there was a charge brought , then she can kiss a CCW permit and her gun good bye in MI.

What you do in the confinds of your home is YOUR BUSINESS period! As long as the garage door is closed and its not after 10pm at nite there shouldn't be a problem, and if the police do show up be nice tell them there is nothing wrong and all is well. If they want to come in to check things out tell them they will need a search warrent. They aren't any louder than a 5 pound hammer hittin the floor.
Enjoy.

Bad advice and worse law advice, Snuffy...much as I like the idea, the laws usually say "discharging firearms within the city limits" and that includes your home....the small pistol primer is more like a .22 than a 5# sledge hitting the floor...I've shot plenty of them inside the house...but that don't mean it's legal or always advisable...you really gotta know those neighbors...even someone walking a dog will call in on you....in your basement, I doubt enough noise will get out to get attention, but in a garage...lotsa echo...and if they show up to check you out..."get a warrant" will turn up the heat real high....best not have them there to start with....there are options like cartridges that emit a light(laser?) and trigger a target...they are legal and no worries...just cost more than wax bullets.... I've shot up to a .38 in my house...and was blessed to have noone catch me...but if they do...Katie bar the door...lose the gun at the least...maybe get a CCW license reviewed...and most "normal" folks'd paint us crazy for "shooting in his house"..I'd do it again...but very carefully....even .22 CB caps which sound like a capgun require discretion...so have fun...carefully......

I'll listen up. My basement is finished so it's a no go. That's why I said the garage. Still, I'd be in trouble if I missed the target. :lol: The garage is Richard's hallowed grounds. I'll just keep on with the shooting range. It's okay but it wreaks of cigarette smoke and it's loud. An outdoor range would make me really happy. None around here that I know of. Mary has a lot of property but 'no' hunting/shooting all around. Suburbs have drawbacks. Never been in a jail and I'm not a wanna be.

Yeah, that looks great. Danny, how far north of Chuck and Mary's? Send me an address okay?

Well you maybe right but here where I am at ya show up at my door after dark and I don't know your showing up Ya meet baby a side by side loaded with 00 buck. Then ofcourse me I am not any friendler trust me.

Not that I don't have a gun in my pocket if I need it, but it always funny to see people faces when there selling something (usally religion) and my 95 LB boxer is at the door barking her fool head off. They always look at me and go...does that dog bite? My reply is usally that depends. One guy asked what it depended on...I told him it depends on if I tell her too. :D

Good thinking John! :lol:

Be sure to check your local regs as I do know of a guy who went to jail for discharging a firearm in city limits. It don't matter if your shooting wax bullets or not with some places, as you used a firearm to do it.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.