Gunner Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Hillbilly's Ten Commandments (posted on the wall at First Baptist Church in Summersville, West Virginia)

(1) Just one God
(2) Put nothin' before God
(3) Watch yer mouth
(4) Git yourself to Sunday meetin'
(5) Honor yer Ma & Pa
(6) No killin'
(7) No foolin' around with another fellow's gal
(8) Don't take what ain't yers
(9) No tellin' tales or gossipin'
(10) Don't be hankerin' for yer buddy's stuff

Now that's kinda plain an' simple, don't ya think?

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Not quite correct...but simple...guess which one's wrong.....

·
Administrator
10,954 Posts
I'm going with:

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
According to the Holy Bible...as it was written in the original language-Hebrew....God said "You shall do no murder"....the translators changed it to "Thou shalt not kill"....a difference we all here had better be clearly aware of.....for obvious reasons......a lot of the sheep believe what the KJV teaches...and it is 100% wrong on that verse...as many stories/examples in the Bible show...God often sent his armies...and individuals...out to kill....but never murder...evil men rejoice when they think that the sheeple won't fight back......

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahhhhh. You're 100% correct. Good you caught that Sheepdog - I didn't. It is important.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
The KJV, even though widely accepted as "a devinely inspired translation", has been proven to have many, many errors....according to the original Hebrew and Greek.....try telling that to a Funamentalist, though.....

·
Registered
859 Posts
thats about right natalie. my son sent me a cajun plaque that is similar to that . God puts His laws in your heart according to His Word. I'm like sheepdog on this one. If a murderer is walking down the street taking lives at random.....one person can stand up and put a stop to it without a guilty feeling. If not stopped....the path will lead to a church , school , and our homes or a mall. I chuckled at one of the cajun 10 commandments.....'' BROUGHT YO SELF TO CHURCH''. gotta love dem cajuns !!!!!!

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
It ain't just fundamentalists...you couldn't tell this old dog nuttin', either, till I came to the end of my rope runnin' hard...as I got yanked to my knees, I realized that I didn't have all the answers and, since then, I've been getting to know the One who does....I told you what...He be mos' patient with old dogs what has to start all over again...and again....and again.....

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sheepdog honey, that's not just you - that's all of us. Your boat is full of people that just keep trying.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Natalie said:
The Hillbilly's Ten Commandments (posted on the wall at First Baptist Church in Summersville, West Virginia)

(1) Just one God
(2) Put nothin' before God
(3) Watch yer mouth
(4) Git yourself to Sunday meetin'
(5) Honor yer Ma & Pa
(6) No killin'
(7) No foolin' around with another fellow's gal
(8) Don't take what ain't yers
(9) No tellin' tales or gossipin'

AMEN.... :D

Now that's kinda plain an' simple, don't ya think?

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
...tain't correct...the Bible don't say "...no killin'..." it says "do no murder"...King James, like most politicians, tended to twist things a little...and there's a heap of difference...and some men still need killin'...

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
...just realized this is an old one...reread it all and still fits the situation...

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts