Gunner Forum banner

201 - 220 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
This will give ya a Hoot:

"Soon, there will be no more manholes in the city of Berkeley, California. There will also be no chairmen, no manpower, no policemen or policewomen.

No, that doesn’t mean a whole city will be without committee leaders and law enforcement. It means that words that imply a gender preference will be removed from the city’s codes and replaced with gender-neutral terms, according to a recently adopted ordinance, reports CBS News.

The city voted Tuesday night to replace gendered terms in its municipal codes, like “manhole” and “manpower,” with gender-neutral ones like “maintenance hole” and “human effort.”

I wonder how they define "mental illness."

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I don't know, but they can find it in a mirror.

The one that cracked me up was changing the terms Fraternity and Sorority to Collegiate Greek Residency System.

·
Registered
11,075 Posts
This will give ya a Hoot:

"Soon, there will be no more manholes in the city of Berkeley, California. There will also be no chairmen, no manpower, no policemen or policewomen.

No, that doesn’t mean a whole city will be without committee leaders and law enforcement. It means that words that imply a gender preference will be removed from the city’s codes and replaced with gender-neutral terms, according to a recently adopted ordinance, reports CBS News.

The city voted Tuesday night to replace gendered terms in its municipal codes, like “manhole” and “manpower,” with gender-neutral ones like “maintenance hole” and “human effort.”

Hu-"man" effort? how does that work? Maybe people effort?

·
Registered
863 Posts
Been reading up on "Tang" in honor of the first moon landing. It all started when I was watching a baseball game and the announcers were wondering if they still made Tang. I looked it up and yes they do. I found a bunch of other interesting factoids about it.
Tang did not sell well until NASA started sending it on spaceflights. John Glenn's first orbital flight was the first one to carry Tang. Sales "took off" when they began advertising that it was the drink the astronauts drink.
The same guy that invented Tang also invented Pop Rocks and Cool Whip.
Tang has become extremely popular in Muslim countries at Ramadan. They don't eat or drink during the day, and when the fast is over they want to load up on liquid sugar as fast as possible. They traditionally used several types of thick fruit syrup drinks. Many have picked up Tang and they also like Sprite.
Buzz Aldrin, never one to mince words, was quoted in 2013 as saying "Tang sucks."
Over a billion dollars worth of Tang has been sold, and it's currently available in 35 different countries.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
New Hampshire: Firearm Seizure Bill Headed to House Floor
On October 30th, the New Hampshire state Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee sent House Bill 687 to the House floor for further consideration after a motion to kill the bill failed by a vote of 9-11.
House Bill 687, sponsored by Representative Debra Altschiller (D-Rockingham 19), would suspend Second Amendment rights following baseless accusations without adequate due process protections in place. Such orders would be issued after an ex parte hearing where the respondent is not present to challenge allegations made against them or face their accuser.
Further, if the order is vacated after an individual surrenders their firearms, that individual will have to go to court to have their property returned. Because law enforcement would have immunity for any damage done to the firearms while in their possession, there would be no incentive for them to care for the personal property that was seized.
On top of all of this, filing a false order would only be a misdemeanor, while violating an order would be a Class B felony, punishable by up to three and a half to seven years of imprisonment. Such an extreme disparity could lead to false accusations against many law-abiding individuals.
Please stay tuned to www.nraila.org

·
Registered
11,075 Posts
Sad Times! Still waiting for someone to challenge these laws in court.

·
Super Moderator
10,777 Posts
New Hampshire: Firearm Seizure Bill Headed to House Floor
On October 30th, the New Hampshire state Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee sent House Bill 687 to the House floor for further consideration after a motion to kill the bill failed by a vote of 9-11.
House Bill 687, sponsored by Representative Debra Altschiller (D-Rockingham 19), would suspend Second Amendment rights following baseless accusations without adequate due process protections in place. Such orders would be issued after an ex parte hearing where the respondent is not present to challenge allegations made against them or face their accuser.
Further, if the order is vacated after an individual surrenders their firearms, that individual will have to go to court to have their property returned. Because law enforcement would have immunity for any damage done to the firearms while in their possession, there would be no incentive for them to care for the personal property that was seized.
On top of all of this, filing a false order would only be a misdemeanor, while violating an order would be a Class B felony, punishable by up to three and a half to seven years of imprisonment. Such an extreme disparity could lead to false accusations against many law-abiding individuals.
Please stay tuned to www.nraila.org
The moron legislature has passed a whole pile of anti-gun laws and the governor has vetoed everyone of them. I suspect he will veto this one as well. The legislature tried to override and couldn't get 2/3 on any of them. There will be some changes come next Nov and the dems will lose their majority as the rules of voting have been tightened and out of state students that pay out of state tuition can't vote as a resident anymore.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
MSN has a link to "125 Facts That Will Make You Feel Instantly Smarter"
The headline alone sounds stupid, but got my curiosity up, so I quickly looked over a few topics until I came to this one:

#44. Armadillo shells are bulletproof.
In 2015, a man in Texas tried to shoot an armadillo that he found wandering around his yard and got quite a surprise: Armadillo shells are bulletproof. The unlucky fellow made this discovery when he fired his gun and the bullet ricocheted off of the animal only to hit the man in the jaw, which he had to have wired shut when he was taken to the local hospital.

Maybe the Armadillo's in Georgia have softer shells from eating grits......??
I've got lots of Armadillo notches on my belt and ain't found a bullet proof one yet.
Moral: Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

·
Super Moderator
10,777 Posts
What you need is a is a 375 H&H minimum just like cape buffalo. Break them down. What a crock of nonsense ricochet straight back.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
I came across the Nuisance Abatement Team that seems to be in a few towns. Note the size of the armored vehicle. This town has two of them named Armadillo One and Armadillo Two. They must have some serious nuisance issues other than armadillo's.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,777 Posts
I might understand if it were Chicago, Baltimore or Detroit but Peoria. Come on.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
RALEIGH, N.C. — A man who gave a fiery speech for gun rights two years ago in Greensboro won the Republican primary in North Carolina’s lieutenant governor’s race Tuesday night.

Mark Robinson, who was seeking his first elected office, topped eight other candidates, likely winning the primary without a runoff and shocking pundits. He spent less than other candidates – one a state senator who put half a million dollars into his own campaign – and he didn’t have the statewide platform or political experience of others.

“We’re not pretentious. I’m not spreading a political message. I’m spreading a message of strong conservatism.”

Robinson believes there is a false narrative being spread by the media about racism in the Republican Party — “We’ve allowed other people to dictate the narrative and tell the story. I’ve not seen any racism in the Republican Party the whole time I’ve been in it.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBEUlJZg5CY&feature=emb_logo

201 - 220 of 245 Posts