Gunner Forum banner

221 - 240 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Here is a great photo from the original movie Magnificent Seven.
Don't know why, but it made me feel good when I saw it. Reckon there's comfort in things past.
I here'ya. That's one of the first movies I remember watchin. It was my Dad's favorite too.

How's the Mrs. doin? Still feelin better every day, I hope.

·
Registered
11,075 Posts
Florida Alert! Brady Goes Nuts after ATF Greenlights Drive-Up, Curbside Gun Sales
BRADY: "Let's be clear, gun stores are not McDonalds. You shouldn't be able to buy an AR-15 like you do a burger and fries."

hahaha
I thing the BATFE should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

https://d97yz4wvpgciz.cloudfront.ne...email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ila_alert
You still have to fill out all of the paper work and go through the checks so don't see a problem! Shops and ranges that have the ability to sanitize are open here and some are providing curb service. So far, no problem!

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
Imagine the look on anti-gunners who drive by. I would love to see the expression on their faces.

·
Registered
11,075 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,777 Posts
Who opened the umbrella for him Doubt if he could figure it out for himself.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
In September of 2005, on the first day of school, Martha Cothren, a History teacher at Robinson High School in Little Rock , did something not to be forgotten. On the first day of school, with the permission of the school superintendent, the principal and the building supervisor, she removed all of the desks in her classroom. When the first period kids entered the room they discovered that there were no desks.
'Ms. Cothren, where are our desks?'
She replied, 'You can't have a desk until you tell me how you earn the right to sit at a desk.' They thought, 'Well, maybe it's our grades.' 'No,' she said. 'Maybe it's our behavior.' She told them, 'No, it's not even your behavior.'
And so, they came and went, the first period, second period, third period. Still no desks in the classroom. Kids called their parents to tell them what was happening and by early afternoon television news crews had started gathering at the school to report about this crazy teacher who had taken all the desks out of her room.
The final period of the day came and as the puzzled students found seats on the floor of the desk-less classroom. Martha Cothren said, 'Throughout the day no one has been able to tell me just what he or she has done to earn the right to sit at the desks that are ordinarily found in this classroom. Now I am going to tell you.'
At this point, Martha Cothren went over to the door of her classroom and opened it. Twenty-seven (27) U.S. Veterans, all in uniform, walked into that classroom, each one carrying a school desk. The Vets began placing the school desks in rows, and then they would walk over and stand alongside the wall. By the time the last soldier had set the final desk in place those kids started to understand, perhaps for the first time in their lives, just how the right to sit at those desks had been earned.
Martha said, 'You didn't earn the right to sit at these desks. These heroes did it for you. They placed the desks here for you. They went halfway around the world, giving up their education and interrupting their careers and families so you could have the freedom you have. Now, it's up to you to sit in them. It is your responsibility to learn, to be good students, to be good citizens. They paid the price so that you could have the freedom to get an education. Don't ever forget it.'
By the way, this is a true story. And this teacher was awarded the Veterans of Foreign Wars Teacher of the Year for the State of Arkansas in 2006. She is the daughter of a WWII POW.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
That's a great story, Ridge. I wish all Teachers were like her.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
I would have enjoyed seeing the look on the students faces.

I missed your question from awhile back.....My wife is doing great. Glad to have all of her troubles behind us. Thanks for asking.

·
Super Moderator
10,777 Posts
Great news Ridge and thanks for posting the story.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I missed your question from awhile back.....My wife is doing great. Glad to have all of her troubles behind us. Thanks for asking.
I'm glad to hear it!

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
My wife saw this on facebook:
Imagine Donald Trump runs for Congress. He wins. He becomes Speaker. He impeaches Biden and Harris, and then becomes President. At the end of his term he runs for President again. :love:

·
Registered
11,075 Posts

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
It was obvious even before the the fraudulent voting machines and mail in ballots elected him.

·
Super Moderator
10,777 Posts
I wonder who is calling the shots? I don't think knee pads is bright enough so someone behind the scenes is pulling the strings and he can't even read what they tell him to say.

221 - 240 of 245 Posts