Gunner Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thinking.....
What would the world be like today if:

We would not have invaded Iraq (either time).....
We would not have tried to assist South VietNam.....
We would not have dropped the A-bombs on Japan....
We would have stayed out of WW1....
Gen. Lee would have prevailed at Gettysburg.....
Major Anderson would not have surrendered at Ft. Sumpter, and would have won that battle....(the most interesting of this whole exercise)....
Genereal Washington would not have pushed his army to cross the Potomic River....

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Johngoboom said:
We would probably be speaking German and wearing lederhosen right now! :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
10,778 Posts
Newt Gingrich and William Forstchen wrote two novels on your what if for Gettysburg. I have one too read as I picked it up off the bargain table at Barnes and Noble. One is titled Gettysburg and the other Grant Comes North.

I think we would have prevailed in the Revolutionary War. The Civil War I'd like to read the book but the south didn't have the manufacturing capacity to ultimately win. It would have had to be a political decision to sue for peace but more likely the North would have paniced and redoubled it's efforts.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Terry_P said:
Newt Gingrich and William Forstchen wrote two novels on your what if for Gettysburg. I have one too read as I picked it up off the bargain table at Barnes and Noble. One is titled Gettysburg and the other Grant Comes North.

I think we would have prevailed in the Revolutionary War. The Civil War I'd like to read the book but the south didn't have the manufacturing capacity to ultimately win. It would have had to be a political decision to sue for peace but more likely the North would have paniced and redoubled it's efforts.

I've thought for many years about this (Lee at Gettysburg), and I truely believe the war would have lasted another 2-5 years. As is was, though, one of the greatest Generals in the history of the United States showed that he too was only human. I guess if you have to make one mistake, it might as well be a big one.....on the otherhand, if Lee would have listened to Longstreet, and pulled back on the second day, and marched to Washington, the end of the war would have happened, with a totally different outcome.....

·
Registered
249 Posts
Wizard said:
Just thinking.....

Major Anderson would not have surrendered at Ft. Sumpter, and would have won that battle....(the most interesting of this whole exercise)....
Genereal Washington would not have pushed his army to cross the Potomic River....

ninja just glad hiroshima bomb not dropped in osaka or ninja would perhaps not be here today to grace board with honorable presence.

ninja bend over and shake black bottom at weirdo friends while saying neener neener neener.

G

·
ninja said:
Wizard said:
Just thinking.....

ninja just glad hiroshima bomb not dropped in osaka or ninja would perhaps not be here today to grace board with honorable presence.

ninja bend over and shake black bottom at weirdo friends while saying neener neener neener.
its just a shame all we had at the time was 2 bombs,just think if we had more :lol: you would glow in the dark. :mrgreen:

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Pete, your social skills are right up there with mine, buddy. :|

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
...shame it took that to stop the war...but glad we had it to stop it with...before Hitler's bunch got it...hope it never happens again...

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Humans are good at being idiots so it could but I pray not.

·
Registered
11,076 Posts
Some people never learn from their mistakes or successes "history", the way Obumbles is going he may tempt someone to try it again! :(

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
That wouldn't be hard. He's tempting ME!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Hell hath no fury like a pissed off "den mama". I'd say the "Bamster" is toast for sure now, make that burnt toast. You go girl!

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
11,076 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
249 Posts
txpete said:
ninja said:
Wizard said:
Just thinking.....

its just a shame all we had at the time was 2 bombs,just think if we had more :lol: you would glow in the dark. :mrgreen:

ninja get impression you not going to become newest member of my fan club, no?
den mamma-san you have work cut out for you with this one.

all hail ninja and tough nut to crack?

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Yes, I'm aware of the tough nut called TXPete. There is no popularity contest ya know. We've all left that behind in high school which is now only a memory . . . for some a very vague memory.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts