Gunner Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is considered armor-piercing ammo?
The term “armor piercing ammunition” means: A projectile or projectile core which may be used in a handgun and which is constructed entirely (excluding the presence of traces of other substances) from one or a combination of tungsten alloys, steel, iron, brass, bronze, beryllium copper or depleted uranium.
Reading the above explanation I wonder if the T6B is considered armor piecing? Most areas do not allow armor piecing ammo for handguns as far as I know.
T6B by Elite Ammunition
Caliber: 5.7x28mm
Bullet Type: *27gr EA PFP Black Anodized
Used In: FIVESEVEN/BANSHEE/RUGER/P90/PS90

·
Administrator
11,976 Posts
Never heard of a P90 in any caliber other than 45 ACP?

As to armor piercing, I suppose the definition changes depending on the state you are in. If it were me I would contact the Manufacturer and ask them. What jacketed bullet doesn't have copper in it??

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Aren't there a couple of SD offerings with solid copper bullets? One looks sort of like a drill bit? I can't think of the names right now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

As to armor piercing, I suppose the definition changes depending on the state you are in. If it were me I would contact the Manufacturer and ask them. What jacketed bullet doesn't have copper in it??
I did email Elite Ammunition about a week ago. No response so far.

·
Registered
45 Posts

I’m pretty sure that he meant the FN PS-90, in 5.7 mm.
Hickock45 says that the Secret Service uses them. They may use AP in it, but I don’t think that the regular ammo is armor piercing.

·
Registered
114 Posts
There is a s video going around about a theory the driver of JFK car was the shooter and he used a gun that secret service has that had no blast from the discharge and used air.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Kennedy was shot from behind, from a higher location. How would the driver do that?

Basically a hot rod pellet gun? I don't think so. If it ever existed it would have been revealed sometime in the last 59 years.

·
Administrator
11,976 Posts
Was Oswald alone? Too many people wound up past tense to think something wasn't going on. As to hearing about it yea the FBI has way too much integrity to cover something up. Right?..............Right?.......................:rolleyes:o_O

1 - 9 of 9 Posts